One down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Would have taken a whole quarter to finish that run.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Really thought the Ravens would've put this game away by now.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have no idea why they would throw on 3rd and two.

You only have one of the best short yardage backs in the game on your roster.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That Ravens win keeps the gap close for those wildcard spots.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Good week for us w/ Pitt, Indy, and SD going down

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Gotta keep rooting for Big Ben to stay out, I have a feeling CLE beats them next week. Browns played good today and ended up short. Bengals need to lose (they face SD & Pitt, so a L will happen to some teams fighting for wildcards). SD next three are hard: Balt, Cinc, Pitt - but next 3 are EZ. SD has us beat, thanks to H2H.

Starting to shape up, bet for now.. lets not sleep on the Jags.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why is it we always seem to have the toughest schedules every year?

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I actually feel a bit better about the Jags game. They just had a really big loss today when they should've won and that's probably going to drain them a bit and us coming off a bye rested up pretty well, I think we got this one.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I see the opposite. I think they'll be encouraged by a "moral victory"... I mean seriously, the Jags almost beat the Texans! Henne provided a spark. If they play like that vs us, we'll lose.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

The key to the jags is to get up early and make them quit. Getting points on our opening drive will be a must.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I agree with Playmaker ... That is a demoralizing defeat IMO. They had a long week to prepare for the Texans (played thursday the week before), and you know they were super hyped all week long preparing for the supposed best team in the NFL, and a division rival, knowing this was their chance to be somewhat relevant in an otherwise irrelevent season for the jags. Then, after going blow for blow and holding theirown for more than 4 quarters, they grab defeat from the jaws of victory ... that is demoralizing

It will be very hard to keep the same enthusiasm going into this week of practice after being so amped up all last week. They will be beat up and tired from a long game on the road, thinking about how close they were to knocking the Texans down a notch. And it is a little harder to get hyped up to play a 4-6 team than it is a 8-1 team. I think they will be completely drained this week, and we should be pretty well rested with a little bit of extra hope at the playoff dream with the losses that were suffered yesterday.

Remember when we lost to the Colts a couple weeks ago? A game we should've won, but let it slip away in overtime ... the next week we come out and are completely unfocused and look like the worst team in the NFL, turning the ball over 6 times and getting crushed by the bears ... I think that is the same type of attitude the Jags will have this week

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar