Once Manning and Brady retire

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Rodgers needs to get better for the next decade to even be close to the level of regular season Manning.

Brady is the less gaudy but more playoff successful Manning. Brady is truly once a generation as well.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I would put Rodgers above where you are considering him, but would agree that he is not at the Manning/Brady level.

As for Manning vs. Brady.....if it is the regular season I would definitely put Manning above Brady. In a big game, however, his stock drops alot with me. He just struggles in the big games....always has (from that first big game appearance against Florida in 1996) IMO. That may tick off some of his fans, but it just is.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

personification of Manning in big games.
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Yeah you can put Rodgers with Manning/Brady IMO. But he'll be the only elite one once they leave imo.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Brees and Rodgers are close enough. If they had another ring would we all say they are same level as Brady? I don't know (or really care).

But I think we WILL see more QBs on or very near their level. Because the rule changes allow for it to happen.

May not see another Manning in the sense that is basically a coach/QB, or at least not for a long time I would think.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Peyton Manning Jr might be worth something in 20 years, although I doubt it, pro athletes kids never live up to the hype.

7. nickmsmith

yeah.. like Peyton Manning. Never lived up to that Archie hype. lol.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You know Im right.

Jared Payton, sure glad we had him around for those 2 years, legend just like his pops.

9. nickmsmith

Jarrett. yeah. Usually not, but being 2nd generation athlete certainly doesn't hurt. Athletic people are more likely to have athletic kids.. but that definitely doesn't guarantee that they'll be the same level.

A huge amount of 1st round picks in the NHL this year and years past, are former hockey players' kids.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Brady and Manning make me think of the Montana era... Kelly, Marino and even Elway to an extent. Not so much the number of wins/Super Bowl. .. just great.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar