On the bright side

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jevoncurse, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

We have been in all games this year. We played seahawks close on the road, no games like bears last year yet....but broncos are looming. Hope we keep it close.
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

woohoooooooo

the close enough bowl here we come!
    • High Five High Five x 8
  3. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Yeah, sort of tired of this playing out with moral victories.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  4. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Special Teams Standout

The state of Tennessee loves moral victories, it's all we've got.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

when you lose big, thats on the players...When you lose a close game, thats a winnable game, that's on the coaching staff.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The only bright side I see is that we have some decent young talent and no real long term comments to any players outside of Griffin, McCourty, Johnson, Wimbly, and LeVitre. That means we will have a lot of cap room to sign FAs and retain our young talented players once we have a decent coaching staff.
  7. amy

amy Starter

Isn't that what we did this season? What we need are coaches. We have competent players. They only look incompetent because they haven't been taught.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Call me pessimistic, but I am so sick of these kind of threads. And I think this mentality from the fans/media is a major factor in why we are so consistently mediocre and coaching/management changes always come years too late. We shouldn't be sitting here making excuses for them. Or "looking at the bright side". We should be pissed! And we should be doing all we can to express our disappointment and hold feet to the fire.

Not getting routinely blown out by 30+ points is not exactly something to hang your hat on. In some ways being "in" every game and still finding ways to lose is even more frustrating.
    • High Five High Five x 6
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

We are one of those teams that looks forward to the season during the off season and also looks forward to the off season during the regular season.

At least that's how it feels these days.
    • High Five High Five x 5
  10. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

I see a few around here that make excuses, but most on this board are sick of the "same ol' titans". Now the local media on the other hand have always played nice because they don't want to lose access to the titans "braintrusts".