On-field TV ads during NFL games..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm almost there, myself. Screw the NFL for things like this. Give them 500 million dollars... they want a billion. quite greedy for being a "nonprofit organization."

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

before you know it, the NFL will look like a grass version of this:[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This was posted elsewhere. But yeah, it's freaking terrible. The Goodell era is straight up killing the sport.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd prefer this to having to take a commercial break after the PAT, come back for the kickoff, then go to commercial before the drive begins. It won't happen because the NFL has figured out how to get a game in a time lot of almost exactly 3 hours. 1pm, 4:15pm 8:30pm. Totally monopolizes the Sunday afternoon/evening.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

8. nickmsmith

They probably know that the NFL is at its Maximum saturation point. There is nowhere in the US to grow, and people elsewhere simply don't care for this constant advertising with the occasional sport breaks.

They might as well milk it for all it's worth. When you're at the mountaintop, there's nowhere to go but down.

9. nickmsmith

They would never do the swap, even if it were possible. They would just tack it on to their current advertisement. They'd never take away an opportunity for more cash. Unfortunate for us, great for them.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You're absolutely right. But given the option I know which one I'm picking. Stickers on the helmets, patches on the jerseys and graphics on the field.

I mean, I can't be the only one who thinks it's totally redundant to have two down and distance indicators on the screen at the same time, can I? Replace the bigger one with a Miller Lite ad. Boom. That's like half of the NFL's advertisements.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar