Omar Jacobs - Projected As a.............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by OSUBuckeyesEG27, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
    2005: 60.7 completion pct., 2,591 yards, 26 TDs
    His numbers as a junior weren't as good as those in his sophomore season, but you can live with what he did. At Bowling Green, Jacobs played in a great system for a quarterback. He does have an unorthodox release, and that concerns me as to how effective he will be in the NFL. Vince Young has an unorthodox release, as well, but Young is a far superior athlete. Right now, Jacobs projects as a fifth-round pick.

**got this from a Article that was done by Mel Kiper of the Juniors that are leaving talking about how ready or not they are for the Draft**

living 20min from BG i have seen Jacobs play at least 5 times and his release is odd to me and i really dont know what the big fuss about him is at least not a 2nd Round Pick like some of you think .....dont get me wrong i like him but i dont think he is a Franchise Quarterback in the NFL

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if Jacobs lasts til the 5th round, I'll quit drinking for a month
    and if he's there in the 3rd / 4th and we got Bush in the 1st, he's worth selecting

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm with Puck. If we get Bush or Ferguson, and Jacobs is there in the 2nd or 3rd (assuming we can pick one up maybe), then we'd be smart to take him.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah Kami, I hope we get Bush :brow: and not Fergy

if we get RB (1), and ? (2), then I'd have no quams with Jacobs (3 / 4)

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Having Bush and Jacobs shores up the main offense for the next 10+ years.

6. i just think that if we dont take Young, Leinart or trade down and take Cutler, then we have to take Jacobs in the 2nd i believe we have bigger problems then at QB if we dont get any of the Top 3

7. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

agreed, jacobs that far back in the draft would be a huge value pick if the other three were to fall out of our reach.

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Thats what I was saying 2 week ago. Omar has been projected lower than many people expected, but he will be a player whos combine will make or break him, to get a starting opportunity from the off (within a year or 2) with the team that drafts him. Thats what I have been saying, Omar at later rounds and give HIM a year or possibly 2 (like some people suggesting for vince young) and I reckon he will be a better pro.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

pssh, people said the samething about josh harris, former QB of Bowling Green. He put up huge numbers in that system and now look where he is...

drafted and released by the ravens and now is on clevelands practice squad if i remember right...

now im not downing the kid's talents but i don't think hes a franchise QB...

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

An excellent point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar