Olson restructures!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Good news, GO DAWGS!

eta - another SK prediction bites the dust ;)

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Olson Restructures Contract to Remain Titan

SUMMARY: Veteran G Benji Olson has agreed to terms on a new contract before the cap deadline according to his agent. "As of this morning we have an agreement," agent Michael Sullivan said. "We expect Benji to sign it today." Details of the four-year deal were not disclosed. The fifth round draft pick in 1998 was scheduled to earn $3 million in 2006 as part of his old contract. Sullivan also represents S Tank Williams and says his client will be a part of free agency though the Titans remain interested in him.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

4. As long as he took a big enough paycut, I'm fine with him renegotiating. I didn't really think it would happen, but I guess with the current free agent market Benji didn't want to take his chances...

I'm interested in seeing the terms of his new deal.

Also, I guess that means Bell could be starting at RT this year?

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The amount of competition for that spot ought to light a significant fire under the players. Although Bell might be plugged in at LG if Piller is released.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Something was said in another article about Piller possibly being cut. Has anyone else seen this?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's been referenced in both The Tennessean and The City Paper.

8. Cutting Piller doesn't save any real cap money, so I doubt it. Maybe next year, though.

Perhaps Bell could play center? That was mentioned as a possibility when we drafted him.

9. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

Do they like what they have seen from Amato? Who would be better suited to play center? Bell or Amato?

10. I doubt you'll find anyone here who knows the real answer to that. The coaches might, but I doubt any of us do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar