Old school game thread....

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Mortal Combat three, had a great hidden mini game of galaga... that's super nintendo, of course...

Oddly enough, I was a big fan of mario 2, on the original nintendo, and it's the one that got the least press.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Tecmo Bowl was a blast.

I remember me and some friends playing a lot of early Madden. Believe it or not my favorite thing to do was be a lineman and block for a friend. It was just so easy to make a fierce pancake block :grrhee:

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

quarters...beer...Janill's Restaurant...the High Point Road Putt-Putt Golf and Games...the cruizin' strip...

Dammit, I don't wanna be old! :cry:

I liked the straight-line 3-D graphic games, but I can't remember the names right now. One was with green lines...you battled tanks on an alien landscape with little green volcanoes in the distance. On another, your spiky little firing unit moved around the edge of a pit, and you shot other pointy, spiky objects that crawled up the sides. They had dumd, sci-fi sounding made up names.
    Anyone?...Anyone?...Bueller?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You just don't find places who have a $2 pitcher nite anymore. :brow:

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ah I remember that! But not the name :lol: I liked that game.

There was this one game, really popular, where this guy has to go save a princess I think. Had kinda cartoon graphics, there was nothing like it. Seemed like it was a whole dollar to play. Seems like there was a dragon....typical kinda medieval knight tail I guess. Can't remember the freakin name :irked:

Also gotta throw in this old school favorite....Final Fantasy 3 :yes:

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm thinking Vic-20 and C-64 days.

Impossible Mission - "Stay awhile - stay forever!!!!"
    Hardball - decent baseball game.
    Summer Games and California Games
    Ghost'n'Goblins
    Double Dragon
    Law of The West

And early PC games
    I loved the Police Quest series.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Wow I almost forgot Commodor 64. There was a game on it that I liked, but don't remember the name and barely remember the game. Seemed like you wrere shooting a bow and arrow at monsters. Seems like you went through a forrest....and I wish I could describe it better than that :lol:

Oh yeah there was another one. Some kinda motorcycle game where you could do a bunch of tricks in big stunt themed parks.

8. Carpy

Kik Start!!!

9. Carpy

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eY2gK1MPgh8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eY2gK1MPgh8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

10. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Avvie, I can't remember the name of the Tank game but the other game of which you speak is "Tempest", which is now available (in a crappy version due to no arcade controller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar