Old school game thread....

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm sure many of us have our old favorites. I was just feeling nostalgic and wanted to talk about old school games.

One kinda obscure one I liked was Sword of Vermilion.
    http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3132145
    Cool rpg on the Genesis. It can be played on the Wii now too I think (I don't have much info on the older games the Wii can play).

Phantasy Star 2, another great rpg. Maybe my favorite old school rpg.
    http://www.fantasyanime.com/phantasystar/ps2.htm

Just a couple that popped into my head. I guess some of these games can still be played through emulators or even on the Wii. May feel lame to some compared to today's standards, but they were hella cool back in the day.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I dropped enough quarters in the Centipede game at B&L Pizza while in college to have bought the place.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Now that's old school. I played that a lot too, and Pac Man, Asteroids....seems like I got quarters every time we went out somewhere. I remember getting into a fight with an older kid at the mall when he pushed in front of me to play this skateboarding game, 720 :ha:

Mortal Kombat, Double Dragon, Contra....man all those quarters!

4. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

Similar story for me, but my game was GORF.

Gorf

It was with great satisfaction & pride that you even reached the "Space General" level. Those were the days. :yes:

There's nothing like being heckled by a coin-op.:grrr:

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Montezuma's Revenge on ColecoVision was one of the first home games that occupied alot of my time

that was one of the worst controllers ever .... what the hell was with the number pad anyway ?

[​IMG]

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wow...you guys are old.

:duckrun:

7. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

:tj: Actually, saying that I used to own "Pong" would be make me old.:gag:

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Gorf....I'm surprised, there's one I don't remember.

9. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Wow man I haven't thought about B&L in years, a while back I used to go to a lot of shows there. I miss it, the pizza wasn't the best but their beer was always cold.

10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

These two kept me busy for quite some time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: almost forgot...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar