Old (comical) Titans resurfaced it's ugly head today.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfantilidie

titanfantilidie Starter

Offense self-destructed when we should have scored, defense getting picked apart.Great, just great!

2. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

lmao it took me a sec to figure our you were going for 'comical'.

I was all: "Old commercial....wha????" :p

3. TitanHog

TitanHog Camp Fodder

Could not agree more. The past 5 weeks were an abberation. Overall this team is and remains very sub par. I don't think we were an 0-6 team either, but rather a 2-4, vanilla no identity team. Defense, Ofense and special teams AND coaching. Today was a perfect example of who/what the Titans REALLY are. All that phony 5 game win steak did is worsen our draft picks for next year and we need alot of new faces if we are ever going to compete.
    Young will not take this team to playoff level, you saw it today. Sure all the bonehead mistakes these losers make were not his, can't you see a running qb (which he did not do today and still is gimpy) will get him hurt and overall he is not a good passer and never will be. Trade/cut him, draft a new qb and rebuild around CJ. There are at least 10 players on this team who hopefully see their last Titans game at Seattle. Then we can move on!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Talk about overreaction. A young team made mistakes that cost them a chance at winning. How surprising. The offense put up more yards and first downs than the Colts. Yes, it self destructed at times, but there is a lot to be encouraged about. This team will get a lot better sooner than you think.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt are the only things to be encouraged about.

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

VY is something to be excited about as well. There were like 3-4 bad snaps today that just went off before he was ready. idk whos really at fault but ?? Otherwise he made some crazy awsome throws. I'm very happy where we'll be by the time next season rolls around and he starts full time!

7. pettso

pettso Starter

VY moved the ball pretty well today. He made a few mistakes and a few poor throws but no QB in the league throws perfect throws every down.

Take away the Nate drop.
    Take away the holding inches away from the goal line.

VY is sitting at around 300 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT with a decent completion percentage. His completion percentage was higher than Manning's when I last checked near the end of the 3rd quarter. At that point we were down by a lot (cause of the mistakes) so we had to resort to a pass-based offense which makes things a lot easier on the defense.

Vince hasn't had a single "bad" game since he took over the reigns in Tennessee. This coming from someone who was asking for him to get benched 2 years ago. I'm not a fanboy, just a fan of someone on the team I cheer for every week. If he proves that he's still inconsistent and unable to lead us to the playoffs consistently then my opinion will change as well. At this point, all he's shown is a significant improvement over the last time he started. Whether he keeps improving and stays consistent only time will tell.

Keeping things in perspective, he's still 5-1 and the only loss came to a team that's now 12-0 and have won 21 regular season games in a row.

8. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

The chains moved fine. It was the redzone that killed us.

They need to work on that bigtime. That game should of been much closer then it was in all honesty but that's the breaks.

9. Coov

Coov Starter

Yeah, this. The Colts are 12-0 for a reason. No need to panic considering where we were 6 weeks ago. If Baltimore looses tonight we are still kinda in this thing!

10. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I imagine we'll end up a game out of the playoff race (probably two if you include our terrible conference record).

We didn't get dominated/pushed around by Indy. We lost by 10 points and were about three key plays from winning/OT. We can all think back and wish and wonder how different it'd be if we'd just managed to beat the Steelers week one, or the Jets in week three. But alas, what's done is done.

We came up short when it mattered against a team that's won 21 straight games. With that said, and getting back onto the original topic of the thread... it is time for some changes in both personnel and coaching staff. Things can start to go stale after a while, it's never too late to try something new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar