OLB with the 8th pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

If it's any consequence, McShay has us taking Locker at #8.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like him every bit as much as these top OLB everybody is talking about. He could play either MLB or SAM for us and is a bluechip prospect.

For those making an issue about where Moch is ranked(51st by GBN) i honestly don't care unless we were 89% confident we could land him in the 2nd rd.

Would Carlos Dunlap have been a good pick for us at 16 last year?

Last year i was promoting Lamarr Houston as another possibility for our 16th pick. You could argue he had a more effective rookie season than at least 6-7 D-linemen picked ahead of him. He had 2X the sacks of Gerald Mccoy.

When Moch gets to the combine and runs an eye popping 40 and cone and looks good in drills he will start climbing i guarantee you. The colts love players like him and some 4-3 team will jump up and take him. He was also a DE in college and might be stronger than people think. If we can get him in rd 2 great but he is a blue chip propsect in my mind.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As long as we don't draft a full-time DE, you can't go wrong. We could use everything from a DT to a SS on the defensive side of the ball.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Literally makes no sense to go LB that early. If we wanted a LB that bad, we could trade to 15 and get higher picks in the following rounds.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'll do you one better. I can 100% guarantee that he will be there for us to reach for in the second round.
    First of all let me say that 3x2 =! 5

The Raiders were second in sacks with 47 while the Bucs were second to last with 30. Maybe (and this is just me thinking outside the box here) it has something to do with the scheme or the overall better team he was on this season. Tommy Kelly had seven to Richard Seymour's 5.5 do you think Kelly is a better player? Chicago's Peppers only had 8 does that mean Jason Babin, Dave Ball, Charlie Johnson, and Chris Clemons are better players? Maybe it's because some people get the majority of attention from the opposing team while others are more or less ignored.

I mean if I'm a OC it's Seymore and Wimbley that keep me up at night and not Houston.
    I swore there was a 230+ pound safety that ran a 4.2-4.3 according to a lot of people. I don't remember where he was drafted but I it was probably in the top 15 since speed is apparently the most important thing rather then actual fundamentals.

Moch will not go in the first round. No team is going to spend their first round pick on a linebacker with poor coverage skills who looks like a legit player due to the fact he is in the WAC just because he runs fast. In fact I hope to God (or Allah with all things being equal) that the Colts do take him just so they fail to grab a legit defensive stud.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm one of those guys that doesn't like to draft hybrid LB's but would rather draft one that is good for our scheme. If we're going to run the 4-3 then we need an OLB who just plays the 4-3, not a guy you don't know where to put. Maybe my thinking is wrong but I just get a little nervous. Maybe someone can change my mind.

We do need some LB's but not at #8 I would prefer us to go best player available (probably Julio), DT (Dareus, Paea), or CB (pray for Peterson but more than likely Prince). Looking at the LB position it seems pretty deep and we can grab a good one in the 2nd or 3rd.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think he may not be available at our 2nd round pick... his draft stock is flying high right now.

8. Finnebosch

What do you base that fact on? If you can show me one place that has him ranked on the top 50 in their big board I will concede that point. Everywhere I have looked has shown Moch to be a low 2nd to mid 3rd round pick. While a good 40 time can bump a player up a few spots no team* will draft Moch in the first round as he is a WAC player who has shown no ability to cover people.

(*unless the Raiders do)

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We're talking about Martez Wilson.. not Moch.

10. Finnebosch

No, we are talking about Moch.

To which I then responded:
    So IDK where you got Wilson from...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar