Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 23, 2011.
That bracket is stupid.
lol - straight from the capital of Yanquee sports
including Amhearst / Williams is stupid. I am sure there are better DivIII rivalries out there, but I really expect nothing better from the 4 letter network.
exclusion of Tennessee / Bammer alone makes it meaningless
Yea, it doesn't agree with what you said so it must be stupid.
Just googleing "Best College Football Rivalry" here's the first 10 links that rank the rivalries themselves. Lets see how many don't say OSU/Michigan.
1. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-top-25-college-football-rivalries/page/26 Nope not that one.
2. http://www.americasbestonline.com/crival.htm Well here's one that doesn't. In face it's got the Iron Bowl (2) ranked above OSU/Michigan at (3) but still doesn't have yours at #1. But there's still a lot of links to go.
3. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5817310 This guy has Alabama/Florida #1 and OSU/Michigan not on the list. Not really sure what this guy is thinking. This list kinda sucks but hey, it's got OSU/Penn State higher than the Iron Bowl.
4. http://espn.go.com/endofcentury/s/other/bestrivalries.html Best rivalry in all of sports of the last century. Hard to debate that.
5. http://cfn.scout.com/2/591649.html They've got Texas/OU #1 but look who's #2.
6. http://collegefootball.about.com/od/rivalries/tp/rivalries-2009.htm Hey you finally got one. Problem is they are ranking them as they are right now (which was 2009) and the writer does acknowledge the truth, "Once the greatest rivalry in all of college football (and all of sports, for that matter)"
7. http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-college-football-rivalries.asp Yea you already know what this list says.
8. http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/25/sports/la-sp-best-rivalries25-2009nov25 You came up short again Iron Bowl.
9. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...valry-games-this-thanksgiving-weekend/page/21 Wow finally someone who agrees with you.
10. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH02CVjqi1o"]Top Ten College Football Rivalries - YouTube[/ame] And finally we have a youtube video which pretty much says the same thing.
So yea we got fan voting which you said was, "Stupid" and 10 random links which the consensus among those links saying exactly what I've been telling you. And if anything you've got some competition for second best rivalry with Texas/OU. But hey continue to live in your bubble and believe what you're told. I'll live in the real world where the rest of America already knows what I know.
Please. ESPN bends over backwards to make the SEC look like they belong in the NFL. Don't pull that, "Well the media is against us" card. Besides, it says FAN VOTING. So nice try.
And seriously... Tennessee/Bama. Yea sure...
Stop trying to feel important. It's an OSU/Michigan thread and for some reason the Iron Bowl is being brought up as far as which rivalry is better. Now you're throwing Tennessee and Bama to the mix? Stop it. Just stop it. Nobody cares about your mid major rivalry that probably isn't even good enough for a name. Personally any rivalry simply known as, "The Game" says all that needs to be said.
if you are a Yanquee and your most lubbed team is in a conference that cant count and ignores geography.
Theres more than 10 teams in the Big10 and Leaders & Legends - lol
Is that really what you're resorting to now? I can tell your out of arguments when your doing petty name calling. Just leave this thread you've used up any usefulness you may have had.
Should be a good game, I almost want to go with the upset but I think Michigan finally gets it done this year.
Separate names with a comma.