Oh Gasoline where art thou ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

This has nothing to do with local news. They didn't cause the problem.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No supply, up the price. These companies can do whatever they want.

3. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

They might say it is, but I don't think so. I live 2 hours east of Houston (ike)and and 2 hours west of Morgan City (gustav). We have plenty of gas and it is runing under $3.50/gallon. Before Ike hit they told us to fill up our cars and get some extra gas if we needed it for our generators. Even after them telling us to fill up, there still wasn't a line and only a few stations ran out of gas.

Hope everything gets better for y'all, soon.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's mostly because of people who are freaking out. Two middle aged guys behind me at the gym were talking about it and saying that they were filling up whenever they found gas because they were so worried about it. Hey, idiots, you're making the problem worse! If you are filling up before you're on your last 1/4 of a tank, you're adding to the problem.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was at a station on Friday when a guy towing a huge ski boat pulls onto the lot. Premium was all they had at $4.21. I thought there might be a riot.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

they didn't up the price. In some places the price dropped. Still doesn't explain why the big name companies didn't have gas. They ended up losing money by not having any

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Dont' worry about me, I'm a country girl. Brandon Jones and Vince Young ain't the only one toting guns. When I say, "don't make me bust a cap in your *ss, I ain't playing.":flamegun: <----If if I could get my hands on one of these fire shooting guns, it would be SO on!

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Dude took stuntin' to a new level. He had to know that he was gonna get his *ss whupped!:sad2:

9. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I figured you were ;).
    If anybody gives you any crap at the gas pump, you already have a flame thrower in your hand with enough supply in the ground to handle the situation, just add fire. :)

:flamegun: The Mrs. "Don't make me break out the high test on your a**!!!"

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yet.

Cost of barrel's just went up $30 overnight.

As for why the big companies didn't have it, to justify a price hike? I wouldn't put anything past them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar