Oh Gasoline where art thou ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

according to AAA (via the tennessean), 85% of Nashville Gas pumps are empty

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

it's all Houston's fault!

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

There is only one gas station in Hermitage now that has gas and that was about 3 hrs ago. there was a gas tanker trying to get into the lot but couldn't because of all the cars.

On the way home all of the gas stations had lines stretching down the streets.

Hopefully I will be able to get gas tomorrow as I only have an 1/8 tank. I just need $ 10-15 to get me thru the weekend.

The media is partly to blame on this. They sparked a fear and people reacted to it.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Nashville is the most panicky city ever. I am completely on empty and stuck in my house because I am sure a ton of people who really didnt need gas, filled up anyway. The people going to the game Sunday from out of town better make sure they are filled up before they get here. Hopefully we will have more gas by then, but Im sure many stations wont have much until early next week.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This may be the dumbest example of mass idiocy since Orson Wells read War of the Worlds...

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

yeah...it makes Nashville look pretty dumb that we are the only city in the country to have this problem

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I heard Knoxville had it a few days ago, but not nearly as bad. But it is just like when snow is forecasted and people raid the grocery stores. Certainly get what ya need, but there is no reason to go nuts over it. When gas stations have to have cops directing traffic and security guards to stop fist fights, then something is wrong.

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Yeah, last week, and it was this bad. From Knoxville up thru the Tri-Cities. Prices went WAY up, like 4.99, I heard rumors of above 5.00 and one place in Johnson City @ 6.49.

Here's a website for gas prices in Tn. People post prices, and you can search by city.

http://www.tennesseegasprices.com/index.aspx?s=Y&fuel=A&area=All+Areas&tme_limit=60

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Nashville is not the only place this could happen...every place that predicts a trace of snow and then has thousands flock to the grocery stores to buy all the milk and bread they can find...

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I went this morning and got gas. I took about an hour of waiting. The gas station attendeant said they had 3 deliveries of gas last night and are waiting on more. Now this is not a big name store like Exxon, Shell or BP but a Thornton's. If they can get it and have more coming then why can't the big name companies get it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar