Oh Drew Bennett...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Disagree about Volek.

You guys are quick to agree with and assume all of Fisher's side of the story. I still think Volek at least deserved a chance to have one starting season somewhere to see what he could do full time.

As far as Bennett, so glad we didn't pay him the money! Good move by MR, despite all the complaining about it prior to the season.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i never said rice/montana u did...i just said volek was a grade A quality backup. although he didnt win many games you cant put the blame on him....that was our d's fault.... so bad back than...if our d was as bad than right now...w/ our current offense...i doubt we'd win a game...we struggle to put up 20 points.

all i know is that in the long term....seein as kerry is old and not the most reliable guy...i'd much rather have had billy backin up vince....he doesnt seem to have a problem doin that for rivers i dont c y he'd have a problem doin that w/ young....

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Volek may have been a good starter, but the fact remains that there was a rift forming between Volek, Fisher and Chow and with Volek being nothing more than a backup at that point, you've gotta go with Fisher and Chow everytime

I would say Fisher was/is much more important to this franchise than Volek was so the decision was easy

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

little billy should have kept his mouth shut. Now he is buried on the SD depth chart never to see the light of day again. As far as Drew "one drop just when you don't need it" bennett goes, save your $$$$ now, as I suspect he will never see all that contract.

5. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

why are you trashing him for taking the deal in st louis? He took the money...which is what most people do. I am sure if you were in that situation the money would seem attractive to you. This is a pretty pointless thread because he was nothing but a model player in the locker room and field.

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

for sure

:pour:

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I don't hate him for leaving. I don't mind that his team stinks though. He chased the money, he got what he wanted. I wish him well. I

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Uh, since you quoted me in your post.. I just want to point out.. I never said that.

And certainly I understand why the franchise took Fisher's side, certainly Fish has been more important to this franchise than Volek ever was.

The only point I'd like to make, is that things aren't always so black and white. Everyone is quick to say, "Oh Volek was a whiny *****" But none of us really knows that, certainly nothing Volek said to the media gave that impression to me. If anything, it was the opposite with what all Fisher said to the media about it.

Clearly Fisher has major pull and is well respected around the NFL, which is the only reason I can think of why Volek was blacklisted this offseason.

Volek at least earned the right to compete for a starting job, as a stop-gap, in Oakland, Tampa-Bay, Chicago, or any other team having QB issues or that just drafted their long-term franchise QB.

Like I said in another post somewhere, maybe Volek just likes being in San Diego and thinks they have a chance to win a SB and he's in a good place to pad his stats if something happens to Rivers.

As far as Bennett, happy for the time he was here, happy for him to get his money, not sad at all to see him on another team. Not sad at all that the Rams are having another bad season.

9. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

The only thing little Billy might be Grade A at is holding a clipboard.

p.s. I said the Montana/Rice thing and it was sarcasm. Hence the smiley.

10. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

He was one of my favorite Titans...Probably because he was undrafted and had a good work ethic. I don't blame him for going after the money, most guys would. lets face it the NFL is a business and the Rams showed no signs of being this bad before the season but I still kind of wish he was here to see the return of the Titans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar