Offseason Problems for Britt Surface Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

What point is that? I mean, that's the only thing we KNOW he did regarding this situation. What law/laws are you suggesting he broke?

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I was just using a hypothetical situation to show how certain people get certain biases. To show how the media can ruin peoples reps.

In this country, for some people, its guilty until proven innocent.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Kenny Britt has ruined his reputation, not the media. If this was Britt's first run in with the law it would be a non story but seeing as this is his 9th incident in 5 years he does not get any type of benefit of the doubt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

See right there "9th incident". That shows how media can blow things out of proportion. For instance guess how many of those are just traffic violations???

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

How is taking someone to the hospital considered an incident with law enforcement?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Finnebosch

Those are all of Kenny Britt's arrests since becoming a Titan. Nothing on there is that bad which is why he is not in more trouble then he is in but on the same token you cannot say that Kenny Britt is not responsible for how he is perceived. Britt was never charged in this case and he probably never will but you cannot say he does not deserve some small amount of suspicion when another news story involving his name and the police come up.

7. Finnebosch

It's not and I in no way blame him for this current issue. All I am saying is that people shouldn't be surprised that Kenny Britt does not get the benefit of the doubt when his name comes up in a story with police involved and that fact is on Britt and only Britt.

I however do not believe that Britt ws at his parents house and found his friend outside. My guess is that they were at a party and someone stabbed his friend.

8. TitansWillWin2

Well let me ask you this, do you think he should be punished for this?

9. Finnebosch

No but at the same time the fact that he keeps putting himself in incidents like this makes me not want the Titans to commit millions of dollars to him.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Most of us understand that after Kenny's past issues with law enforcement some will not give him the benefit of the doubt. The problem with this particular incident is that people are using his past as a way to magnify the situation. A simple case of bringing someone to the ER becomes "there goes Kenny Britt again" without taking into consideration the specifics of this situation. I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt because you never really know what happened.

I remember when the Duke lacrosse players were accused of rape everyone had already made up their minds that they were guilty. They were crucified in the court of public opinion before any arguments could be made. Turns out, they 100% innocent. Bias can be helpful in protecting you from potential harm but humans are flawed and it can also lead to grave injustices.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar