Offseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd go for the team not mailing it in and actually showing some improvement in December regardless of the record.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

they dont kno anything. a quote from a really good movie "You make sure they remember, FOREVER, the night they played the Titans!"

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you'd be correct.

why i should always re-read before i post.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It is for fun, but come on...Cowpokes 7th I don't see it.., Ravens ranked above the Chargers, give me a break, (I guess an aged McNair is that much better than an untested rivers even with LT),..Eagles ranked only 18th, don't get me wrong but I think they got at least as much as the cowpokes, falcons 20th???, now to the bottom, OK I know we got a long way to go from last season but the faiders ahead of us???, the saints, ok I know they will be better but really they are the saints, the pack they looked pitiful last year and just how did they get better? Lions, browns both have at least as much to prove if not more. Also, I think the bills will be a lot better than thier ranking.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

8-8 would be great this year, but....................It won't be easy. I'm thinking that the 8 weakiest teams that we play would be;
    Houston x 2
    Buffalo
    Baltimore
    Philly
    Jets
    Miami
    Giants
    There are some slackers on that list, but not many. We are going to have to come out of the hole running if we are going to try for .500 this year. Our schedule is tough for a team that posted 4 wins in 2005. They might not be far from the truth, the Heart of the team is the QB. We really don't know where we stand as far as the Heart of this team goes. Volek? Young?
    It reminds me of last year when they announced Bennett as our #1 reciever. You kind of knew where things were leading.
    I wonder if ESPN would think differently if Kerry Collins was on our roster?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

TJ has a great point about the ranking, we really had no fire at the end of the season, and most of those other teams were still kicking at least.

I probably would have had us about 5 spots up, but no further until we start earning it.

I think we've got a decent shot at the Chargers. Rivers' second pro game, just turn the ends loose for the first quarter, if they want to run, fine, give them some yards, but hit Rivers every time he tries to pass. That kid won't get anything done in the second half. True, I'm still scared of LT and their D, but I think if we get a couple of turnovers that could be a great upset to start the season.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans NEVER blitz rookie QBs.

Wait for Ryan Leaf to make a mistake is the theory. Yep RLs second NFL start the Chargers beat the Oilers 13-7 with RL going 13 of 24 for 179 and 0 INTs. Leaf was UNDER 50% completion rate for the year - 45%. The next week the Chiefs blitzed the rookie QB from every which way and RL was 1 of 15 for 4 yards and 2 INTs in a 23-7 Chief win.

And this is not a Schwartz dig. Its appartently a Fisher philosophy.

So expect to see Rivers quite comfortable in the pocket as the Titans sit in their zones and wait on him to give them the game. Lets just hope PR cooperates better than RL did.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man 1 of 15.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Honestly, call me a deranged fan, but I would put us in the high teens as far as sheer power and potential goes. Unfortunatly I'd rank our schedule at 32 out of 32 so those average out to about 25th.

Their ranking are bad anyway in my opinion. The Pats and the Panthers are both stronger than the Colts and the Pony's. No way a Jimmy Smithless Jags deserve to be where they are.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

GoT, that's a really sad story that worries me. I hope we're finally motivated to change something. I'm worried about SD starting hard with LT and softening us up for Rivers. If we can't shake him up, it'll be a hard game.

ESPN's power rankings probably aren't the best out there, but they're usually pretty conservative and pretty accurate. The Dallas jump is pretty unusual for them. I think the Jags are in for a fall this year too.

Does anyone know where we can find a list of hardest or easiest schedules for next year? I'd bet we've got one of the top 5 hardest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar