Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Offseason Mail Day Thread

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    I never got into collecting the Starting Line up or McFarlae. That one looks high quality. Mine all look cheap.

I have Starting Lineup Olajuwon from 88, Mike Scott from '88, Emmitt Smith '97, and that's it. I think all are likely worth little on the market. And Plastic is long gone. Probably been tempted a lot to buy, even now, but never ended up collecting.
  2. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    I don't really collect them, but I like McFarlane's figures. They're generally pretty impressive... The custom Billy Cannon was uber-sweet. Chris Johnson has his first piece coming out in the fall of this year.

It's been a sleepy offseason of buying thus far, but I have grabbed a couple of things:

Kenny Britt 2009 Ultimate 314/399
    [IMG]
    (I really like Ultimate's design this year... this might end up being my fave Britt rookie piece... I'm still awaiting delivery on my Britt SP Authentic, National Treasures and Contenders redemptions)

George Blanda 1962 Fleer
    [IMG]
    (sweeeeet looking vintage fleer... damn I love this card)
  3. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    A new batch of rookies have arrived but I'm still snagging some cards from the 09 product.

Albert Haynesworth 09 Philadelphia Signatures
    [IMG]
    Even though he's no longer a Titan (at least for the moment). Fat Al's huge year in 08 and resulting huge contract stirred up some hobby interest. He'd never had an auto in an NFL licensed set before, but a few came out this past year... since this one has him picture in his Titans gear and it's a nice on card sig I couldn't resist grabbing it.

Javon Ringer SP Authentic Retail
    [IMG]
    Nothing fancy, just a JR rookie with another nice pic of the throwbacks unis

Sen'Derrick Marks 09 Exquisite 48/99
    [IMG]

Sen'Derrick Marks 09 Exquisite Platinum 12/25
    [IMG]
    Both the platinum and base versions of Marks' RC from the year's most pricey card set. Pretty sweet looking cards... more throwback love
  4. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    continued...
    Dominique Edison 09 Exquisite 43/99
    [IMG]
    (likely destined to be treasured like my Biren Ealy sigs...)

after a few month's of waiting my SP Authentic Kenny Britt arrived (the card was initially issued as a redemption because KB didn't have his signed cards back to the company when the product went live).

Kenny Britt SP Authentic 670/999
    [IMG]
    Pretty annoyed at how lame KB's sig has gotten. What's the deal with Titans' rookies and their lazy-a
    ss sigs?
  5. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    A fresh crop of rookies means a fresh crop of sigs. The first have started to arrive...

Derrick Morgan 10 Prestige Draft Day Auto
    [IMG]
    (pretty uninspired design honestly, but it features a nice on card sig and the price was right at $1.50 so what the heck).

Derrick Morgan 10 Press Pass Portraits Sideline Signs Ruby Red Ink 20/150
    [IMG]
    I love the way the sig pops on this card... again not the most of inspired of card designs, but the
    "ruby redness" of it all makes it a win. Morgan only signed 50 of these in red.

Rennie Curran 10 SAGE hit auto
    [IMG]
    Hey good to see that Curran and Morgan have already gotten the memo that Titans players are only allowed to sign using their initials. Curran's only autos to date are in SAGE's product. A sticker graph, but the design does highlight the sig (such as it is).

Damian Williams 10 Press Pass Bronze Red Ink auto
    [IMG]
    More red stuff. Williams only signed 47 of these in red ink.
  6. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    A couple more...

Another from the 2010 crop

Stafon Johnson Press Pass Portraits Inscriptions
    [IMG]
    Every year Press Pass has the players inscribe a few of the cards with something rather than sign it. Johnson inscribed 25 of these with G.H.A.P. I honestly had to do a little research to figure out it meant "God has a plan". This was a case of a cards relatively low cost over-riding my usual disdain for unsigned, but inscribed cards. I mean the reality is I'd much rather have a players auto than simply having a card that the player printed "Go Buckeyes" (or whatever) on. Some players are actually industrious enough to both sign and inscribe these cards. Oh my... the carpal tunnel horror of it all.

Last up on this mail day is Kenny B's best RC:

Kenny Britt 09 Exquisite 220/225
    [IMG]
    Nice hard signed piece from the year's most expensive release. More initials.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    Nice cards, especially the Edison.

I see Morgan is already just signing his initials. Just plain lazy IMO.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    Nice. Like the Edison too. Keep 'em coming.
  8. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    With training camp set to begin I guess these will be the last posts in this thread...

First up I cracked a few packs of 2010 Elite this afternoon... no huge hits but a couple of rookies and a Titan

Monterio Hardesty 866/999
    [IMG]
    seems likely to battle Jerome Harrison for carries

Sam Bradford 774/999
    [IMG]
    There are hard signed versions of these... otherwise a pretty blah design... but the number 1 pick... Yay?

Vince in Oilers gear
    [IMG]
    still love those unis

and picked up this nice oddball pair of McNair cards
    [IMG]
    Although scanned as one this is actually two cards combined... one clear plastc acetate and a more traditional card. The old Pacific Trading card company was great for goofy/unique cards like these.
  9. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Also in the mail...

Jared Cook 09 National Treasures 43/99
    [IMG]
    Cook's best RC had eluded me until now. The low print run had it selling for more than I was wanting to pay for a sticker sig of Titans' TE who'd yet to accomplish much. Ended up getting this one for $5.99 in an "buy it now" eBay purchase.

Alterraun Verner Press Pass Portraits Sideline Signatures Black 09/10
    [IMG]
    My first card/sig of Verner... and a nice low print run. Not much board yet for the dude I refer to as "All Terrain Vehicle"

And finally a couple of the first rounder...

Derrick Morgan 10 Press Pass Blue Auto 42/50
    [IMG]
    The sweet Press Pass Blue autos #'d to 50 are always amongst my fave cards every year.

Derrick Morgan 10 Elite Status Auto 17/24
    [IMG]
    Nice shiny, blue, low-numbered card, with blah sticker sig.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.