Official - Texans sign Mario Williams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

They have 2 first round picks and a running back named Kevin "I Can't Get More Than 900 Yards In A Season" Barlow. I'd say they might have the BIGGEST need of anyone in this draft to get Bush...
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Depends on what they offer.

Saints have an issue, if they want Brick they may have to stay at #2 because the Jets still may get him (Jets still have Pennington and Ramsey on the roster)
  3. Gunny

They also have Frank Gore and a terrible O-Line.

They also may have two 1st, but no second and no one in the 3rd is really going to reverse there fortunes.

If they were smart they take Vernon Davis/Huff/Hawk with the first pick at 6 and then take Williams/Maroney/Addai with the 22 pick.

They will do more combined then Reggie Bush will by himself.
  4. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

If Bush is as good as advertised, he'd be worth the trade up for the 49ers...
  5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Frank Gore? Pfft, let's pretend you didn't say that; no way he's a long term answer.

SF lacks a big name. I mean, zero. Reggie Bush has the talent and the name. Package 2 firsts to get Bush, and maybe an additional pick, and you got THE player for the next decade.

Bush will be a star in this league, and the Texans are fools to pass him up for Williams, without getting ANY compensation for it.:sad2:
  6. Gunny

Al Gore did average 4.8 per carry and did better then Barlow. Although a Bush and Gore tandem would be highly amusing, it won't happen.

They'd be better off filling two need positions with two first rounders, they (in theory) will get a better return by having a better running game and better play at Tight End, resulting in a 10 times better offense (assuming they take Williams and Davis)
  7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Let's hope the Texans just drafted the second coming of Andre Wadsworth......
  8. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

Never thought of it that way.
    The might have to recount their rushing yards after ever game
  9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Neither Davis nor Williams are the caliber player Bush is. You're arguement is based on the idea that SF absolutely need this draft to succeed soon. I disagree.

Trading up for Bush is a very bold move, and it'll say a lot about where that team wants to go. Bush and Smith can be cornerstones for that franchise, and one day, will be rippin' the league up (maybe sooner then I think).

Are Williams and Davis or anyone else they could take with their first 2 picks good and act as important players in the here and now? Probably. But that's not what that team needs IMO. They need a star.
  10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

His work ethic and drive have been called downright terrible by some. He's a player who wouldn't just take off plays, but entire games. He's a top 5 player because of his freakish talent. His heart and desire are very questionable at this point...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.