Official - Texans sign Mario Williams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

My bet? San Franciso gives an arm and a leg to get Bush.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I added up their picks going by the draft chart a few days ago and basically, for them to be able to get into a position to draft Young they'd have to give up all of their 06 draft except the #1 pick and throw in a player or the #1 for next year.

I agree that would be a perfect way for them to appease the fans, but it would be a huge mistake for the franchise.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There is no reason to think the Saints pick Bush. They could easily pass him over. Interestingly, whoever does trade down with Bush will make the Texans look like idiots. Because they will get the house when they do it. And Texan fans will be wondering what could have been. The Titans may be put into that position too. Having to decide, Bush, Young, or picks. Now if that does happen, you are talking about the wildest draft ever, in which the probable best player is up for grabs to the highest bidder because frankly, nobody really needs him util the Jets pick.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The only thing which might tempt Bud more than having the hometown hero going against the Texans twice a year is having the guy they passed on be a thorn in their sides.

I'd think the Jets could make a little noise here if they wanted to give up their other first rounder.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I have checked some Texan's boards and they are pissed.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't, I think San Fran have too many needs to give up a draft for one player.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not me. muahahahahahahahahahaha.

#1 - Mario Williams - Houston Texans.

DAMN I'M GOOD!!

8. I still think the Saints will trade down, probably with SF or maybe GB. SF has 2 1st rounders and can throw in a bonus pick. Plus, the Saints need a lot of help for the future and don't need Bush (assuming Deuce recovers from his ACL). And Benson is still too cheap to pay a $20M+ SB to a rookie (but then so are the 49ers owners).

If I'm the Saints, I'd pass on Bush, trade down, and take Brick or Hawk.

Or, if we're REALLY lucky, no one thinks the Saints will take Bush and he'll drop to #3...

9. PhiSlammaJamma

5 teams contacted the Saints... That's gotta include us.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Someone should look at how this impacts the qb's. I mean if we take Bush. Because suddenly the Jets are in the power position there. And the qb's are all thrown off. You've got major sliding going on at that position. And that ultimately impacts a ton of teams. The Redskins gotta be kicking themselves in the rear for missing out on this draft. Suddenly it's a whirlwind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar