Official - Texans sign Mario Williams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think 97% of Houstan fans are pissed. 3 % don't know that heck just happened. And like 2 or 3 guys are celebrating. Casserly screwed them on his way out. lol. I can't believe it. This was the biggest pr mistake in the history of the league.

M. Williams didn't even get a sack every week. There was no consistency here. He was a camp wonder, and that's no way to go number 1. You gotta prove it on the field too. What a gaf. Especially when they had some DE's already who could have at least played the new position for them. Not good ones, but players who might fit in naturally there.

The Texans will no doubt be boo'd on opening day. They should have at least adressed the OL if they were going to make a "safe" pick. The OL was the primary need. And the fans would have at least understood the pick.

Now, The Texans will likely move up from a 2nd rounder to a first and try to nab some more talent. Otherwise the draft is a bust for them in my opinion. If they could get Williams at rb they would save face with the fans, but no reason to do that with Davis still back there. They need to move up and get another big name. Imagine if they could get up to draft Young. That would be a big pr swing. But not likely either. It's clear they are adressing need and screwingt the fans over.

The Titans are really thrown into a tizzy now. Bush has to be the pic if he's there. He's sexy at #3. But the franchise could be thrown into mediocrity with the pick. But wow. Young or Bush, what a draft day this could be. The options are wide open now. Talent is coming. I don't see how they could pick leinart with all these options on the table.

But think about this too, the Texans drafted Williams to sack the qb, does that push Young ahead of Leinart now. Because he won't be getting to V. Young that's for sure. Not likely to influence our pick from that perspective, but interesting to think that the other teams influenced the Texans pick. Or did they?

I'm just in shock. It was a huge gamble by the Texans. I mean huge. Everybody;s job is on the line over there. Kubiak is blinded by his blocking scheme, instead of thinking about the lack of offensive lineman he actually has. Huge error in my opinion that he would completely rely on his system to put up points. They only went to the SBowl once, and that was with a HOF running back, but the rest of the years they never made it. So his thinking is somewhat flawed in that anyone can run in his offense.

Tomorrow will be exciting tho'.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

A pay cut?? As far as I know, he's not getting paid anything right now. Is he working at McDonald's?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Shoot, his agent should be fired by tomorrow. He won't have anything to say.

Interesting tid bit, one houston texan fan said he saw Bush and Young in New York yesterday, and they did not get friendly with each other, as in this appeared to him to be a stiff competition between the two. And that Bush was refusing to sign autographs while Young was signing away. Take it for that it's worth. But the Houstan fan was not thrilled with Bush, even tho he went into the event one of his fans.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Well, the same people who say Bush is the next Gale Sawyers or Marshall Faulk are the ones saying Mario Williams is the second-coming of Reggie White.

But Williams better produce sooner than later. Texans fans will never let them live it down.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Not getting my hopes up for Bush at 3, since someone will surely trade up for him.

But I think I like the idea of Steve staying awhile (maybe another long shot), Bush at RB (and excellent guys to spell him), and Bush at WR :brow:

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It has nothing to do with Bush. Bush is not the Texans greatest need, and the Saints already have Deuce in a large deal, so Bush makes no sense. You're reading too much into it, and the Titans need to take this guy if he falls to us...

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Next Reggie White? Maybe if the played with some more passion and heart. Dude has shown none of that...

8. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Is Duece good enough that the Saints pick the Brick?.........I was thinking Mario would fall to Green Bay if the Saints did not pick him and then maybe the Pack still would take AJ. Holy Cow, I just hope the Saints feel like they have enough with Duece. Then we keep Steve? Wow this has really wierded things up. In the end all I care is that somehow this screws the Ravens.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Suddenly, McNair and Bush look good on paper too. You put those two together, you have a chance for a year or two. He's a great fit for McNair's skill set. But no McNair leads to instant mediocrity. And that spells trouble. I wish somehow we could get Bush and Young, but dare to dream.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

No way. If Casserly is truly on his way out, there is not a chance in h-e-double touth picks that he had the final say on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar