Official Kevin Matthews Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Since when?

And also, Amano was a crappy Guard. It was just hidden between two All-Pro's

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Kevin: "Hey dad, that Amano guy over there sucks at Center. When will I get my chance to play"

"Son, you will get your shot this year. Don't blow it"

Amano was a decent (not great) OG and Mawea wasn't that good next to him. Amano was equal or better than Scott but everyone had rose colored glasses on for Scott and assumed he was good. Scott was always pretty decent at pass blocking (came from Indy) but was never anything special as a run blocker. Harris at LG certainly wasn't much if any of an upgrade to Amano when he played there. I don't get why this is so hard to understand. It was because Amano was pretty decent at LG that they extended him and they thought he would be as good or better at C. Obviously they were wrong.

Now all I can figure for the C position is they are confident that Velasco, Harris or even Matthews can take that spot over. I believe they will switch Harris or Velasco to C and have them compete with Matthews (and the kid from Alabama) for the starting spot. Whoever is left, Harris or Velasco will compete with Amano at RG. If Amano doesn't win the starting spot they may still keep him for one more year as a backup to both positions. I think it is obvious they are confident they have guys on the roster that can play C and RG and feel they can improve both those positions from last year. A guy like Harris (who I think makes the most sense at RG) might not be quite the pass blocker Scott was but certainly is going to be an upgrade in run blocking. Velasco or Matthews couldn't help but be an upgrade to Amano at C.

3. JCBRAVE

Tony Brown was cut cause he was off sides all the time, also started getting hurt. Leroy Harris holds all the time, so we should cut him too. Maybe he can play center, he sure sucks at guard now. I even recall seeing Amano throw his hands up out of frustration after several nice runs came back due to Harris holding..

We've got a whole lot of scrubs inside. WTF

4. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

are you a troll or something you're so negative. Tony brown was cut because his knee wasn't healing like it should. Leroy Harris one of our least penalized players on the o-line last year and his play wasn't really as bad as you think. Want Proof? go on PFF and look at the stats. Amano was a good LG for us back when he played. you can go on pff as well and look those up. Our interior o-line situation is grim to say the least but i have hope for our DTs.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bring in Eric Steinbach for some veteran competition / leadership..

6. JCBRAVE

:ha: :ha:

Oh boy

Who are you again?

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm rooting for Velasco at starting center.

8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

He's right about Tony.

9. JCBRAVE

Tony was cut for 2 reasons. Knee, and being a penalty machine. Teams wait on guys to heal, but not when they cost your team points like Tony did.

And Harris holds more than anyone on our team.

10. xBrah

xBrah Hope we get a new SS

Jason Brown that fisher cut from the rams could be interesting. Idk **** about him other than I remember him being a 90 on madden lolol.

---
    I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.811821,-85.383416"]Google Maps[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar