Official "Give Lendale the ball" Thread.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I hereby declare this the new petition to give Lendale some snaps, which will be seen by no one who matters, much like everything else here.

I think we would all agree that CJ does best when he is spelled with a hard hitting, north-south runner. That's what I think we're missing offensively. Besides playcalling, this is the only difference between our offense from this year and last.

We can blame losses on the defense (for good reason) but we weren't able to put up a single touchdown last week.

I don't know what Lendale did to the FO to deserve this, but I think he should get some shots. I wish they would pull Ahmard Hall out sometimes, and run both of our GREAT backs together sometime.

I know Lendale's not a blocker, but he doesn't necessarily have to be a fullback to have 2 RBs on the field at once.

For the love of Gosh, put CJ in the slot, and Lendale behind the QB. If you want to get CJ in space, put him in motion and run a reverse or something. You could do the fakeouts where you fake the reverse and hand it to Lendale too... So much unused potential with these guys. We know CJs got the jets to pull that off.

Lendale will be a good player next year when we let him go, and he rots on the bench this year. We neglected what got us to 13-3 last year. I know we've been behind a lot, but with 3 and outs and no T.O.P. you can't win games anyway.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. tnyou

tnyou Guest

cry lendale a river.:rolleyes:

3. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I agree completely. This is the first thread that has made sense in awhile. I would like to see much more of him, he's a hoss. Frankly I would also like to see Ringer get some carries I think he'll be special if coached correctly.

Back to the Lendale thing; he would help with some of our 3rd and short woes. The coaches are thinking too much when they throw it deep. Give it to Lendale, he's good for it. I would also love to see him and CJ on the field together.

Good thread sir. Thank you for getting my mind off of the other bullcrap here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Definitely. I agree completely. Of course, many might construe this as wanting White over CJ... but that's not the case, at all. Split those carries. They were successful as Smash & Dash, for a reason.

I wouldn't mind seeing those two split the carries throughout the game... but if the game is either in hand, or nothing's getting done - throw Ringer in the 4th quarter. Might as well see what we have in that guy. If the game's over, why not? If the game is well in hand, it might be helpful to let the workhorses rest the remainder of the game. :yes:

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You are such a headhunter. I love it. Keep em coming. Tnyou=my biggest fan.

6. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Dale too inconsistent. You can give him 20 carries a game and he would probaby get maybe 60-75 yards a game. That's not enough.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We go from "give more carries to CJ" to "give more carries to LenDale". The issue is the Titans have not been able to generate much of a run game due, on the most part, because the OL is not getting it done, the Titans passing game has not been effective enough or abandoning it because the team has fallen behind as has been the case the last two weeks.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

My official "it's not going to make a difference because the defense can't stop anyone from scoring even if they were given shotguns" post

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Fisher would like nothing better than to run the ball 60 times a game for 300 yards with a top of 50minutes and win 21-0. While Lendale is getting carries, it's not enough for a few reasons.

You mention the only difference between this years offense and last years is the playcalling. Well, our run blocking has been MUCH worse. This is why we are seeing so many 2nd and 9's instead of 2nd a 5 or 6. Same reason after 2 rushes we still are in 3rd and 7-10 instead of 3rd and 2. Add in that the pass blocking has also been much worse and you have a much less effective passing game - which combined with our run game...means a less productive offense. Combine that with the D having a hard time stopping anyone, giving up long drive and a ton of points and you have a real problem.

But it starts with our blocking on offense. If we can start blocking better, we can run better. Run better and we don't have to pass as much and can have more sustained drives. More sustained drives means more top which mean the D is more rested and opposing offenses get fewer chances. More sustained drives means more offensive plays which means more touches for CJ and more carries for White.

But White simply getting the ball more won't help if we don't fix our blocking!

I like White and think he could be a very good feature back. His biggest problem is he didn't come in his first year with the same dedication he had THIS off-season which is WHY CJ was drafted in the first place. But now he's the #2 and in all likelihood, will be a RFA after the season due to the uncapped year.

Gut

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

If next year ends up uncapped, the free agency minimum moves up from 4 years to 6 years

....so it's somewhat possible the titans end up able to keep him in that case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar