Official Fantasy Football Help/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

12 team league . . . my receivers suck (not my fault) . . . I need 3 WRs or 2WRs & 1RB

Johnny Knox vs KC
    Damian Williams @BUF
    David Nelson vs TEN
    Julio Jones (didn't practice) @HOU
    Marion Barber vs KC
    Jabar Gaffney vs NYJ
    Riley Cooper @ SEA

Free agents I could pick up:
    James Jones @ NYG
    Early Doucet vs DAL
    Doug Baldwin vs PHI
    Jackie Battle or Thomas Jones @ CHI

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Bleh, pretty slim pickings. I'd put in Dwill in hopes that he gets a TD, Johnny Knox as Hanie seemed to like him, and Marion Barber as the Bears will run the ball all day and he gets goalline touches. Really though you're looking at a bunch of players that could very well put up 0-5 points.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would play D-Will, Cooper, and pick up James Jones.

4. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I know many of you will be laughing at this question. I've gone through 5 qb's this season. Started out with Kolb and Freeman, then someone in my league actually dropped Schaub so i picked him up. Now i have Alex Smith and Vincy. I'm trying to decide who to start this week. The smart person in me says play Smith, but part of me wants to play Vince. Vince has put up some decent numbers. 50 points last weekend(ESPN). They're both playing subpar Defenses.. Any suggestions??? Alex Smith vs Vince Young

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Is that all? I've gone through seven; Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Orton, Andy Dalton, Rex Grossman, Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow. I played Orton and Grossman the weeks they got benched in-game.

There was a three week period when I got negative points from my QB(three different guys).

I'M STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I would play Vince. Especially if McCoy is out. Andy Reid actually lets VY throw the ball unlike we did. The 49ers are winning because of the run game and defense so he isn't likely to get you many points. Just my 2 cents

7. RavensShallBurn

Who to start at QB:

Carson Palmer vs. Miami
    Joe Flacco vs. Cleveland
    Josh Freeman vs. Carolina

Who to start at DEF:

Jets vs. Redskins
    Bears vs. Chiefs

8. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

i'm rolling with the Jets myself. My only other option is us vs. Buffalo

9. RavensShallBurn

Anyone have any advice for my QB situation?

I honestly have no idea who to play... Cleveland gives up the third fewest fantasy points to QBs. Freeman sucks. Leaning towards Palmer. What do you guys think?

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Two terrible matchups, who's available on waivers? If you have to chose between the two I would go with Palmer, although I think the Raiders are going to find themselves in a trap situation and end up losing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar