Official Fantasy Football Help/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm getting toasted in the Titan Cup but am on a 4 week winning streak in an NFL.com league and I'm needing some advice.

Brees has a bye this week so I'm sitting him. So should I start Hasselbeck or Alex Smith?

I know neither is spectacular but which one will have more passing yards and less INTs?

Thanks.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Palmer without a doubt. I have the worst QB options in my primary league (Flacco and Freeman), but I picked up Palmer a couple weeks ago and will be starting him over both of those scrubs. I've never kept 3 QBs before, but I petty much have to.

3. RavensShallBurn

Are there any other free agent QBs out there?

Go with your gut on that one. I would go with Hasselbeck - not because I'm a homer, but because he always has more passing yards than Alex Smith. I'm assuming Smith has outgained Hasselbeck in points no more than two weeks. If Smith does better, it won't be by much.

I am also getting obliterated in the Titan Cup West. I won that sucker last year. I'm in 8th place this year. Terrible. It's mainly because my best players are always hurt or always suck... I have McFadden, Bradshaw, and D Jackson. Even Roddy White hasn't done much for me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah in 7th in the Titan Cup North and Brees and Sproles are the only ones keeping me out of last place. There aren't any other FA QBs better than Hasselbeck so I'll just give him the start. Thanks.

5. RavensShallBurn

My bad on the Hasselbeck call. haha

6. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

I'm in a keeper league (you get to keep 3 people on your current team for next year) and I'm contemplating a trade. In this league passing touchdowns are worth 6 points for some reason. What would be the best option:

Option A)
    1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Jordy Nelson or Miles Austin or Steve Smith, depending on the trade
    3. CJ2K or CJ Spiller or Rob Gronkowski, depending on the rest of the season, offseason, draft, etc.

Option B)
    1. Cam Newton
    2. LeSean McCoy
    3. Julio Jones or possibly CJ2K depending on the rest of the season, offseason, draft, etc.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

That's tough, in a league where passing TD's are worth 6 Rodgers would be worth a ton, and I think Newton will probably never have a season like this again so obviously Rodgers gets the nod there. McCoy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the others by a lot imo. Don't bother with Spiller he sucks, or CJ, Julio Jones is going to be a beast for the Falcons eventually imo and Gronk is already a beast. That's tough, I would probably go with the first for Rodgers alone.

8. RavensShallBurn

I would take option A... Rodgers, Nelson, and Gronkowski would be the three I'd go for from that option. Not sure exactly how that works though.

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Got to start three WRs. My four options are mike Wallace, Nate wash, megatron, and dez

10. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I'm in Titan cup North and I was in second after like week 7 but then injuries killed me. DMC got hurt, Tom Brady had a bad game and my backup RBs just aren't cutting it. So now I'm in 7th oh well. This was my first year doing it and had no idea it was based on overall points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar