Official ALL-NFL List: 2005 All-Theory Team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

There is no award, no achievement, no honor higher than that of the "All-Theory Team" that can bestowed upon an NFL Player. It starts as soon as the last game is played players begin ardous training that will test their mind, body and spirit. There will be injuries some players will never see the field but for those who persevere, for those who fight on this is your crowning moment.

"Hopes that were high in heat of September die in the cold and Chill of December"

2005 ALL-THEORY NFL TEAM
    Offense

QB-Tom Brady
    RB- Tiki Barber, LaDanian Tomlinson
    WR-Steve Smith, Chad Johnson
    TE- Antonio Gates, Alge Crumpler
    T-Walter Jones, Willie Anderson
    G-Steve Hutchinson, Will Shields
    C-Jeff Saturday, Olin Kruetz
    FB-Lorenzo Neal

Who's Stopping that offense??

Defense[/size]
    DE-Dwight Freeney, Micheal Strahan
    DT-Shaun Rogers, Marcus Stroud
    OLB-Joey Porter, Derrick Brooks
    MLB- Brian Urlacher
    CB-Champ Bailey, Ty Law
    FS-Bob Sanders
    SS-Troy Polamalu

Why did I choose these guys?

Offensively I chose Tom Brady because he's a proven winner and in the big games he is clutch. At RB I needed to players who were all around and no other RB's in this league are more all around than LT and Tiki. These guys are hard runners who can also be utilized in the passing game. WR Chad Johnson is proven playmaker with all the brash and bravado to back it up. Steve Smith emerged stepped it up this year he was nearly uncoverable being the only true WR Delhomme had.

What TE this year was more feared and made more plays than Gates? Plus he can block. Crumpler despite defenses knowing he's going to get the ball always comes up big plus along with gates that gives me the ability to destroy opponents in the redzone. Walter Jones is no doubt the premier tackle in this game a great run and pass blocker. At RT who is better than Willie Anderson? Steve Hutchinson is a BEAST at LG and can move better than Allen, Shields is a sure fire Hall of Famer. The best Centers in the league Saturday and Kreutz. You all know the deal with Neal he is a devastating blocker.

My Defensive Choices

I chose Freeney for the simple fact that he damn near unblockable his spin is the best in the business. Strahan is both a monster against the pass and run so he will hold down the LE spot. The Big Boy from Texas is the best player on the Lions team he is massive and takes up space. Marcus Stroud 1/2 of the Jags DT tandem is huge and can rush the passer. Joey Porter can rush the passer giving a big blitz threat he is very active. There is nothing like having wily veteran at LB who can cover and stuff the run. Urlacher is the best at MLB this year he is a presence in the middle and a tackling machine.

Champ made the team because he is simply a cover corner he will get beat but more often than not when he's game you are not beating him. Ty Law is a veteran who knows all the tricks good jam game and has great awareness. Sanders is only 5'9 but he can hit and can kill the run like no other plus he can cover very fast safety. The Wild Man Polamalu is a beast he is crazy mad active and can play both pass and run.

This TEAM WILL BEAST ALL OTHERS!!

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Excellent list of superlatives and commentary.

[​IMG]

3. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

WOW ONLY SEC

THANKS

BITING MY STYLE WITH THE PICS IT'S ALL GRAVY

LOOKS LIKE A STAR WARS CHARACTER

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what? No Cato June?

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'mma start a riot if I don't see some Cato June on this list here....:ha:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I reckon man, that dude is the *****.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think a lot of people are forgetting about Larry Johnson. If he would have been the starter all year he would have DESTROYED the rest of the league in Touchdowns and yards. Look at what he did in 8 games starting...

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Larry Johnson gets my vote for "Sickest Player In The 2nd Half". Too bad 8 games isn't a season.

9. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

HEY SEC BRING BACK THE "that's nuts"

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I agree, but LOOK AT WHAT HE DID! it was NUTS! 8 consecutive 100 yard games, with 2, 200 yard games. He finished in the top 5 didnt he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar