Official 2015 Offseason Cuts and Trades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I wanna say I saw where he can play RT as well...

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Been a while guys... Hope all is well.

I've been quietly following the offseason and I like what I'm seeing...

Here are some of my comments...
    • Getting Lebeau was HUGE... I was stoked when I saw that. He's better than any FA player we could get - even Suh / Hardy / etc... I also love that he'll be running the D, not just an assistant. Ray was good, but in my mind he's not close to Lebeau.
    • I like the 'D' signings this year and I know having Lebeau really helped on that front.
    • I also really like the way Orakpo's deal was structured, if you look at the details closely, very smart... Morgan's deal not as much... But we are desperate and really needed to get him back. Course we over-payed (prob for both), but you have to now to get anyone and it wasn't too bad actually when you compare it to other deals over the past 2 years...
    • Our defense was bad last year for sure, but people are quick to forget that the O's inability to do seemingly anything, esp at key times, really hurt as well... A lot of times I found myself saying, 'good job D', but without the O helping, you can't expect the D to hold forever... As a result, I need to see a much better game plan (as well as play design and play calling) from Whiz. I also know we need help through both FA and draft on that front.
    • I can't believe Andy is still on this team; he is a horrible OG and should be replaced with someone else right away (either a FA or 4th-5th round pick). His money can really be spent elsewhere...
    • I read we still have 22M in cap space, even after all the signings and re-signings. 7-8M is required for rookies, and you don't want to use it all, but we still have room for some smart moves.
    Overall I'm much happier than I thought I'd be at this point, and heres hoping we have a great draft.

#362 titan_fan_4ever, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Raiders released QB Matt Schaub.

The move clears $5.5 million in salary cap space. Just one of many pro-personnel blunders by GM Reggie McKenzie, Schaub's confidence and arm strength were both clearly shot when McKenzie traded for him in 2014. He was easily beaten out by rookie Derek Carr and will now be replaced by the winner of a camp battle between Christian Ponder and Matt McGloin. Schaub was one of the league's more underrated quarterbacks for much of his time in Houston, but he has nothing left to offer on the field going on age 34. Perhaps he'll resurface with old pal Gary Kubiak, holding the clipboard for Peyton Manning in Denver.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Paul Kuharsky just released a small tidbit about our cap space. With what we know about these deals, we have roughly 22 million left in cap space. Orakpo has a small cap hit this year. Most of our guys have large signing bonuses which causes a small cap it. Rookies will need 7-8 of that which leaves us with 15 million to go. James Harrison will get about 1-2 of that. 13 left. That's plenty to sign Barksdale at 4/yr (Got married on Saturday which is why its been so quiet with him) and Crabtree for 7/ yr. (I'm hoping) That leaves us some wiggle room during the season if needed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Raiders signed RB Trent Richardson, formerly of the Colts.

Why not? Richardson is very likely coming at the league minimum with little to no guaranteed money. The Raiders will give him a look-see during OTAs and see if he can make it to training camp with the club. If he doesn't cut it, the Raiders can release Richardson with no penalty. It's a bit concerning for Latavius Murray owners that the Raiders seem pretty hellbent on adding bodies at running back, but we wouldn't consider Richardson a real threat until he shows something on the field. The former No. 3 overall pick is still just 24.

7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

7 million for crabtree you crazy? the guy sucks.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Crabtree will be a Dolphin soon

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Crabtree doesn't suck. And at 7-8 per, that isn't bad at all, it's not like he's getting #1 money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar