Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Who should I trade? I have too many RBs to handle right now. Graham and Megatron are really the only guys I could use.

My team:

QB - Matthew Stafford
    WR - Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Terrance Williams, Percy Harvin, Marvin Jones
    RB - Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Knowshon Moreno, Zac Stacy
    TE - Jordan Cameron, Jordan Reed
    K - Hauschka
    DEF - New England

You can't have a better group of RBs than that. I can only start three a week (due to W/R spot), and it's incredibly hard to decide which ones to start at the moment... I think I'll roll with AP, CJ, and Moreno this weekend, but leaving Stacy, Lacy, and Bernard on the bench is tough.

If you had to trade two of those RBs who would it be? I'm thinking Lacy and Bernard. Some say Lacy's value just went way up due to Rodgers being out. I look at it the other way... his value is down now that he will face 8-9 in the box all day. He was still able to have a monster game against the Bears even with 8 in the box, but the Bears D is kind of a joke these days. When teams can actually game plan 90% around Lacy, I think things will change. I don't know how long Rodgers is out, but it's long enough to where I don't really want Lacy anymore.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If it were me I'd probably just try to move one of them and hold on to 5. That's a damn good RB group. Don't water it down just because you have "too much of a good thing". You never know what the rest of the season holds (injuries, etc.).

But since you asked for two: Stacy and Lacy. I think you hit the nail on the head with Lacy. And as for Stacy, coming off a monster game I doubt his value will be this high again for the rest of the season. We helped him out big time last Sunday with poor scheming and poor tackling. I'm not saying he won't have anymore big games by any means. But if you're wanting to make a trade then the whole idea is sell high. I'd doubt you'd be able to get as much for Lacy/Bernard as you would Lacy/Stacy, right now.

Also, considering you have Moreno, AP, and CJ... I doubt you'd be starting Stacy very much anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

QB: Luck or Locker- Locker was awful last week and let me down big time. But we get the Jagrags this week so you really couldn't ask for a better matchup. Still, I'm feeling like Luck is the safer bet. He's only scored less than 20 fantasy points twice this season.

RB: Ellington or R. Jennings- Neither matchup is all that great so I could really go either way on this one.

4. RavensShallBurn

Yep... I actually dropped Stacy a couple weeks ago, believe it or not, because he was up against the Seahawks, I needed bye week replacements, and I couldn't justify starting him anyways with the group I had. In another league, I did start CJ and Stacy last week... that was marvelous (also had KC defense).

My current tactic is to put the RBs I don't want as much into my starting lineup, so that the guys I'm offering trades with will be deceived a bit.

I might get a little crazy and see if I can pull a trade for Graham and Megatron - I'd probably need to give up AP, Cameron, Williams, and Lacy. That's a lot, but it'd be worth it, I think.

I'll probably just end up not trading since no one wants to, and I'm not really in need.

5. RavensShallBurn

Luck and Ellington.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

QB: Rivers or RG3. I have Rivers in right now because he has been consistent for me this year but RG3 matchup against the Minnesota defense is very tempting

7. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Rivers against the broncos D IMO. They let Romo have a field day.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I have RG3 in one league and I've relegated him to the bench until he proves to be more consistent. He's cracked 20 points exactly once in his past 6 games and hasn't even cracked 10 points the past two weeks. I've learned my lesson on starting him based on a "tempting matchup".

Of course now that I've said all this I'm sure he'll go off for 35. Still, if I were in your shoes I'd start Rivers and not even think twice about it. DEN/SD could easily turn into a shootout.

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Yeah I'm gonna start Rivers just wanted to see what yall thought. I have been burned this year by going with the matchups instead of the solid player.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Same here. I kinda hate that Yahoo started visibly rating your players opponents (with the Green/Yellow/Red system). It's thrown me off a few times. You see half your players are going against "red" opponents and it makes you start double-guessing yourself. Now I just go with my best players unless a matchup is just ridiculously brutal.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar