Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's a very nice team TE. If it were me I wouldn't trade any of those WRs (Calvin, Fitz, Cobb). I'd start em with confidence each and every week until they gave me a reason not to. Also, I'm pretty confident CJ will be a worthy fantasy starter this year so I think you're set at one RB spot. Then you have McFadden, Ball and Tate. Surely at least one of those guys will end up being serviceable. And if not, there's a good chance you'll be able to find someone in FA at some point. Just don't waste your waiver priority and wait for the right guy to come along.

I have a different mentality than a lot of people who think you have to have two top-notch RBs to have a chance. You can't be stacked at every single position. But as it stands you're super stacked at WR. I wouldn't want to dilute that group just to get another mid-caliber starting RB. I mean, if you can get AP or Lynch or something, then go for it. But I don't think you're going to find anyone to do that type of deal.

I think it's a good idea to wait a few weeks before doing trades anyway. Let things shake out a bit. If you trade Fitz then Calvin goes down you'd be kicking yourself all season long. Or Foster could go down and Tate could become the lead guy in Houston and you'd be set for the season at RB. It's just too early to be making rash decisions and judgements IMO. You just never know. RB could end up being your strongest group by season's end.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Got one more.....

RB: Mendenhall or Redman (assuming he starts)- Leaning Mendenhall, but Redman looks to be in line for a heavy workload with Bell out and Dwyer cut. And the big question is has our defense learned how to wrap up and tackle? Feel like Mendenhall is the safer bet but Redman has more blowup potential.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Damn. That one is tough. I have to say I don't know.. because I would hate to give you bad advice after you helped me out.

edit: nm. f it. I say Mendenhall

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am going to have to go with Mendy.

Redman is very very average, surprisingly average for a PITT runningback. I also think we are going to keep him in check most of the game.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I won't be a douche and seek advice for who to start in our money league, but I am in need of some advice for other leagues...

League 1:
    W/R/T - Giovani Bernard, Shane Vereen, Kenbrell Thompkins... I don't think I can pass up on starting a Pats player against the Bills, so I'm leaning towards Kenbrell since he'll be Brady's #2 target in this game. Maybe Vereen, but I already have Ridley starting.

League 2:
    W/R/T - Tavon Austin, Shane Vereen, Kenbrell Thompkins... Almost the same scenario and I'm leaning Thompkins again.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Thompkins was getting massive catches/looks in preseason whenever Brady was playing. I'd def go that route. So both of them I'd start kenbrell

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You need to be real careful with Pats players outside of Brady and Gronk.....

it might be different this year because of how much turnover they had, but I'd be hard pressed not to start Gio and Austin.

8. Clark

I'm not scared playing any pats player. That's silly.

9. Clark

To be more in depth. I've lived off Patriots players in fantasy consistently

10. Clark

Players I don't buy into? Titans.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar