Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

jackson has been a solid 10 points in every game he has played, you cant say that about the other two.
  2. Dman

Dman Starter

I would go with sproles and jackson. Jackson has been solid this year and sproles will always get you points especially with the saints going against a NE defense that has been hit and miss.
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I'd probably go Jackson and Bernard.
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Okay I need to fill 1 WR and 1 FLEX, with these guys....

Larry Fitz, Boldin, F Jackson, G Bernard.

I have Colston starting in the first WR spot. So I need to decide between Fitz and Boldin for the other spot. If Fitz wasn't banged up and underperforming this would be a no-brainer.

Then in the FLEX I can either start the 3rd WR or Jax/Bernard. I'm thinking I'd rather go with one of the RBs. And I'm leaning Jackson. I know the matchup is brutal on paper, but the guy has put up double-digit point each and every week so I just don't see how I can bench him right now.
  5. Dman

Dman Starter

I had the same issue with wide outs and I am going with boldin over fitz but don't hold me accountable lol I also think jackson is getting a lot of touches and will get points today
  6. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

The only problem is you just lost good depth in a four for two trade like that. I think all the players you traded are very good flex options, the same for Sproles and Bernard. I would have sat CJ this week and maybe next but after the bye CJ will be a great starter. I don't really like any of the other guys you traded away, but I would have tried to get a third player in return.
  7. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

This should finally be the year everyone realizes CJ is 4-5th round fantasy player who is matchup based, just like Sproles. You just can't play CJ every single week.
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I decided to roll with Bernard/Sproles. Fred Jackson will be seeing 9 in the box all day. Bengals will take away the run and force Buffalo's scrub backup to throw.
  9. RavensShallBurn

CJ and MJD are unstartable... There's no flex spot in this league either. I will be fine with my main RBs as Jackson, Bernard (who's getting more snaps every week), and Sproles... all because I have Peyton + Demaryius, Torrey Smith, and Josh Gotdon as my WRs.
  10. RavensShallBurn

Just got offered a trade... Should I trade away Josh Gordon and Darren Sproles for
    Ray Rice and T.Y. Hilton?

It's a pretty fair trade, but Rice and Hilton are so inconsistent, and Gordon has been very consistent - but he plays for the Browns and has Weeden throwing to him, so at the same time that scares me.

I just counter-offered him Gonzalez, Sproles, and Ridley for Gronk and Lacy... unless he's a big Gonzo fan I doubt he'd go for it.