Offense vs Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 19, 2017.

?
  1. Offensive playmakers

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Defensive playmakers

37 vote(s)
    90.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I would like to see the secondary fixed in FA as I don't want two rookies starting there next season. If we could land a quality safety and corner in FA then I can watch the draft from a comfortable chair and not the toilet.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

This is how i see it. I have a feeling JROB intends to look for veterans especially in the secondary. If he wants to get faster on offense i have a feeling he doesnt mind adding younger playmakers. I would just rather see Mariota get some legit talent to play around with before we address the secondary.

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

Are you kidding me man!!! Our secondary cost us 3 or 4 losses this year. They are absulote trash. Our o moved the ball and scored enough points, it was our pass coverage that lost us games. Our priorities this offseason include at least 2 cbs, in the top 5, that's a huge hole that has to be filled. Also want to add that we need a nickle or coverage lb in that "top 5 needs list". So out of our top 5 needs, 3 are huge holes on d/pass coverage. Yes, we have average at best wrs, but mm8 doesn't seem to "need" a premier target, we still score. Im not against going for a big time guy outdide of our biggest needs, but they have to be addressed.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

This has to be a defensively orientated draft ; no question , however , I'd take Chronos' route of going FA for the secondary as first point of call and maybe taking a CB in the third just for additional shoring up. The CB class is quite deep this year so I personally could be tempted to go possibly two picks but FA will be the pivot.

I still think JRob is going to trade down a couple of spots. I'd like him to go with Foster as we haven't had a tone-setting LB since KB.

Maybe Pick 18 if its still there I would be tempted to go Howard or Njoku but I get the feeling that the buzz around Howard will mean he's off the board by then.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I get all of that..but our success depends on Mariota. When he was on his game amd guys were getting open we were at our best. The group he has to work with right now cant be counted on to do that against great defenses.

But i see it this way. Prioritize defense through FA and Offemse through the draft

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The secondary needs to be fixed because A) They are absolute trash, and B) We can't do what we WANT and NEED to do with a power run game if we don't sure it up....We can't hold onto leads, and we can "Power run" when you are down because guys like Manziel are tossing 300-400 yards against you.....

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2 competent CB's would go along ways

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

But the answer is so simple. And I'm not talking about which cup has the iocane powder. All I have to do is divine what I know of John Robinson and decide, is he the the type of man who would draft offense and defense in alternating years, as his mentor Bellichek has done throughout his entire tenure as the coach of the Super Bowl champion Patriots? If so, I can clearly not choose defense in this draft.

But he would have SUSPECTED that we'd know his origin! So I can clearly not choose offense in this draft.

But then again, he's been in the game for a long time, and in all these years studying, he would have learned that teams are mortal, and in so doing he would have learned full well that defense is still the Achilles heel of this squad? If so, I could clearly not choose offense for the draft.

Have I made my decision?

I'm just getting started!

All I have to do is look at what Jrob did in free agency last year. Was he the kind of guy who invested equally in offense and defense? Not even remotely! So I can clearly not choose offense in this free agency.

In fact, he's given everything away! The answer is clearly--- What in the world is that!--

The opposite of last year. Defense in FA and Offense in the draft. Which comes first? Free agency. We will address Defense first. In Free agency.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Loved it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar