** Off-Season Plan Thread **

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

my offseason hopes are simple, eugene monroe and houston, from oakland,

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Here is my offseason plan thread as of today:

Cut:
    CJ
    Wimbley
    Stewart
    Fokou
    Stevens
    Leaves us with over $23 million to spend

Re-sign:
    Pollard- 2yr/$7 million
    Pito- 2yr/$4 million
    Battle- 1yr/750k
    That takes us down to about $19 million left to spend.

Free Agents:

Brandon Spikes- 4yr/$15 million
    Linval Joseph- 4yr/$25 million
    Leaves us with a 9 mil enough to spend some extra money on depth after the draft.

NFL Draft:

1st round- Trade back to pick up a 3rd rounder; then draft Taylor Lewan
    2nd round- Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida
    3rd round- Dominque Easley DE Florida
    4th round- David Fales QB San Jose State
    5th round- Marion Grice RB Arizona State
    6th round- Aj Tarpley LB Stanford
    7th round- Tevin Reese WR Baylor
    (I used walterfootball and nfl.com for my round projections for these guys)

Depth Chart:

QB- Locker, Fitz, Fales, Wilson
    RB- Greene/Grice, Battle
    FB- Mooney
    WR- Wright, Washington, Hunter, Reese, Preston
    TE- Walker, Thompson
    LT- Roos, Stingly/Lewan
    LG- Levitre, FA Depth guy
    C- Schwenke, FA Depth guy
    RG- Warmack, FA Depth guy
    RT-Lewan/Stingly
    LE- Morgan/Easley/Pito
    NT-Joseph, Hill, Martin
    RE- Casey, Klug, Martin
    OLB- Ayers, Gooden, Edwards/Morgan
    ILB- Spikes, Tarpley
    ILB- McCarthy, Tarpley
    OLB- Brown, Gooden, Tarpley
    CB- McCourty, Wreh-Wilson/Coty/Purifoy, Wooten,
    FS- Griffin, Wilson
    SS- Pollard, Wilson
    K- Bironas
    P- Kern

I like that we have a lot of defensive lineman that we can rotate through. Still a little thin at LB, but I think that defense looks pretty nasty.

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

sign vick, keep locker and draft manziel. start locker he'll play til week five, then vick will be ready play til week 11 or 12 and then it's johnny football time. 12-4 and a SB

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Depending on who else is on the board, I would.

You can't get enough pass-rushers.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Butler might be younger then Dansby but I don't think he is that good of a player in all honesty; I have never been impressed any time I see him play at least. Dansby has about 2-3 good years of football left in the tank and would give us a guy that can mentor all of our other young linebackers.

I'm a fan of trying to get guy to sign before they hit Free Agency as you have more leverage to get them to re sign with you.

A) I'm not a fan of having starters return punts or kicks.
    B) This lets Purifoy concentrate on being a CB and learning the defensive playbook.
    C) Preston would at best be our forth WR where as Jones can challenge Hunter for the 3rd spot on the depth chart. Most teams keep 5-6 receivers on their roster during the season.
    D) After the mess we had at returner this season I don't think it's a bad idea to keep multiple options at this spot.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You haven't heard of him because he's been on the Chargers during down years. They haven't received a lot of national attention. I doubt many Chargers fans have heard of any of our LBs either, although they mostly suck. Butler is an above average/good ILB. I'd be happy with Dansby, I think he'd be cheaper and would be another solid vet. He's 32 already, that's the only thing I'm iffy about.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Most good linebackers play until they are about 34-35 years old it seems. Dansby wouldn't be a long term piece but rather a short term, stop gap solution until we can develop a long term ILB to take his role wither that be Gooden or a second day pick in 2015.

I've watched Butler play 4-5 times and have never really been impressed with him. Obviously I don't watch him on a day to day basis but he really does nothing to stand out on tape. Also for what is worth he is ranked as the 6th worse FA linebacker by PFF so there is some kind of basis for saying he sucks*.

* Note: I am aware that PFF is far from gospel when it comes to evaluating players.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

1) Don't overpay any free agents this year.

2) Draft well.

It's that simple.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

do you think we need to put hunter as the number 4 on our roster after spending a second round pick on him though

and if the guy is a playmaker then you have to put him in position to make plays--patrick peterson and percy harvin for example, i know harvin is never healthy but if you have a player with those instincts you have to give them the chance to make plays

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar