Off season cap space analysis league wide

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

This is a cut and past job from another forum. Penned by a Texans fan with way too much time on his hands. I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=433143

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm impressed a Texans fan knew the word "monetary".

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Good lord thats in depth....and why am I not surprised to see Washington at the top of that first list lol.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Very surprised to see Oakland at the bottom. That makes their 2010 performance and the Cable Guy's coaching all the more impressive.

Spend more money, Al! Damn.

Although we suck, I think #15 is a good spot to be at... assuming we spread the money out well and don't overpay guys like Kerry and Nate. :facepalm:

5. 24

24 Starter

New England, holy ####...

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They're notorious for it.

Great coaching > big name players... though you need both.

The beauty of that team is that most NFL fans could only name one or two of their players.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pats also had the youngest defense in the league last year.

They always seem to have the most draft picks as well and have the cap space to add a couple of players.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It is interesting how certain teams can just draft players and plug guys into need positions.

The Pats got Merriweather after we already drafted Griffen and the Jags already drafted Nelson. Merriweather was i think the 4th safety taken in that first rd and he might be the best of the bunch.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI 10% of our cap total comes from one guy, Chris Hope and over 10% comes from Vince Young. Young's total will be off set by who our next QB is going to be(Mcnabb, Orton, Palmer) but we will be able to sign Tulloch and still have the space to bring in 2-3 quality starting players.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's an institution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar