Odom Wants to Stay in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

With the article Riverman posted about Laboy I think the Titans should go hard after Odom and let Laboy walk. Jacob Ford should be able to step in and produce part time.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

An even bigger mistake to let them both get away. Obviously, keeping Odom makes more sense, as a situational pass rusher in Laboy might be easier to come by. I don't think either one of them could be depended on for an entire season, but Odom definitely has upside.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

LaBoy is gone because he thinks he can be more than a situational player. Odom is gone because no matter what the Titans offer, he knows he'll probably get more once he hits the market.

The best the Titans can do is give Odom a good offer and leave the situation in the best terms possible so he may give the Titans a shot if he gets a higher offer elsewhere.

I highly doubt most teams will get their UFAs signed by Friday.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

“I’m not sure he’ll be coming back. I hope the Titans will be a player, but a lot of other teams are interested.’’

sounds like someone's been tampering.....

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Let him go ....... bring in Justin Smith.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why ^.

Justin Smith's price tag will just as high if not higher. He's also older and had just 2 sacks last year.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If there was ever a player that wanted to stay close to home (Bayou LaBatre) it is Odom. I read a report that he wants to stay a Titan and would make modest concessions. Fact or fiction? I don't know. I hope the Titans FO finds out.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That may only mean he'll take the Titans over another team if they're close to the same deal.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Not that it would ever come out but I've often wondered if a clever &/or unscrupulous owner has ever kept got a player to accept a cap friendly deal by promising to pay them with off the books money.

Say for example Odom signed for less than other teams were offering but after he retires he shows up earning $2 million a year as an assistant.It would be hard to prove as both player & owner would have a vested interest in it never getting out.

I would build a heck of team that way if I was in charge.:grrhee:

Now why did I suddenly think of the Pats?:banned:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar