Odom Wants to Stay in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Antwan Odom has told his agent he wants to stay with the Titans. However, negotiations haven't gone very far and he'll become an unrestricted free agent at midnight on February 29 if a contract agreement isn't reached by then. "It's going to be real hard for them to re-sign him," Odom's agent said. "But based on what Antwan and his wife want to do, he is going to give them an opportunity. He likes it in Tennessee. If something doesn't go down prior to free agency, if we can't get to a deal everybody is comfortable with, then so be it, and he'll go into the open market. We've had some preliminary conversations (with the Titans).The lines of communication are open, so that's good." Odom has 12.5 sacks since the Titans made him a second-round draft pick out of Alabama in 2004.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

IMO, he's gone.

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

We have to keep this guy somehow or someway! there is no one outhere that will fill his shoes no one. He had a tremendous season, 6'5 274 fast for his size, this type of specimen are no easy to find outhere a guy that can rush the hell out of the QB. Laboy he is ok but consistency is the question can he stay healthy? For the consistency i keep Odom!! Go Titans!!

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

interesting....i wonder if he'll go for an incentive based contract....but like in another thread....if we hv to break the bank on this guy...than we might as well go all the way an try to get jarred allen

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He doesn't have to take an incentive-based contract. He's probably going to be the top DE to hit the market in a year almost everyone has money and is wanting a pass-rushing DE. Incentives will be part of it but only as a bonus to a very nice deal.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

In all likelihood that'd take two first rounders

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Let him go. He's not worth what we would have to pay. The coaches will know what he can do and I have faith they'll realize that overpaying for a mediocre DE who only had a good year because of the people around him is a bad idea.

8. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I would like the Titans to try and keep him around but I sure wouldnt break the bank for him after only one above average year. If he really wants to stay in TN, maybe he will accept what they offer, but I doubt it.

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Guys, let's think about what we would be saying if this were the issue a year ago. Most of us would've been saying "let him go..." Bottom line, he's had one good year and I think a lot of that can be contributed to the attention that KVB and big Al brought to the line. If he is gone, we could probably develop Bryce Fisher and have him fill the same kind of role. I hope so anyways... We should be okay despite our glaring defensive weakness - Schwartz.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He will be tough to keep but even tougher to lose. We need to strengthen the line instead of letting people go.

Sign fat Al pronto & franchise Odom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar