Odell- one game suspension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Theres been suspensions for targeting right? Thats basically what the head shot was.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

For multiple offenses. Guys are usually put on a watch list. I remember Griffin complaining about being on the watch list a couple of years ago.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Griffin's phone number is also listed in a restroom stall in Atlanta.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't think I've ever seen 2 players actually go at it like they were. Finny and Andre Johnson was a scuffle compared to what was going on. They forgot about football and were just slapping each other around as much as possible. OBJ really took it too far with the hit to the head though. Play was over and he made it a point to run full speed and launch with his helmet to an unsuspecting Norman. That's worse than a Haynesworth face stomp.

5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Also Talib was suspended for the eye poke move, and I think the headshot was much worse. Wish they'd really punish these players and make it a month.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive never seen anything like the Haynesworth stomp, that was practically criminal.

Charles Woodson punching guys is close, but the ODB thing isnt that level of bad...

Stomping>uppercutting>what ODB did

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That was like the nicest thing Talib has done since he's been in the NFL.

Denver Broncos' Aqib Talib out to prove troubles are in past

I'd be a little surprised if the NFL went from fining Beckham just under $9,000 earlier in the year to suspending him a game. There's usually an escalation to a heavier fine, then a suspension, especially when there isn't a precedent set in the past for suspending guys for getting too many personal fouls.

What I don't want to happen is for there to be a rule in place next year that tosses a player if he gets multiple personal foul penalties in a game. That's the overreaction we don't need. One legitimate personal foul and then a ticky-tack one shouldn't get a guy tossed.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

its not about the amount of fouls, its about the direct headshot.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  9. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yessiree Bob, especially with the whole Will Smith movie and all...

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Stop calling him OBJ. Guy has one of the best nick names in football with ODB, stop wasting it. Wu-Tang Forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar