Oakland willing to trade Asomugha

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AH3, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Trade CJ? You must be out of your mind. Trade CJ and we need a whole new offense.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You do have to wonder what the trade value is for a guy with that kind of contract. Nobody wants to pay $16M in one month like that and he will be a free agent in 2012.

It's not a question of cap space we have the room this year but no way bud is paying out lumps of cash like that.

A 3 year $45M deal with $24M guaranteed the first 2 seasons is insane for a CB.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Oh my god, have we really reached the point where people are suggesting that the Titans should trade their best player for a cornerback with a brutally bad contract?

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Any time you trade a top RB for a top corner, the team that got the corner gets the better end of the deal. You can act like it's crazy or whatever, but it's happened before. If you really want to know which is more valuable, check the average contracts. It wouldn't be like the O-Line would be going with him.

5. AH3

AH3 Rookie

CJ is the only player we have that I wouldn't be willing to trade in a deal for Asomugha. I guess trading Finny would be dumb too because we'd still only have 1 good CB. I think trading picks is the way to go. We're 1 CB and/or 1 DE short from a title run, bottom line.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason I see this never happening is because the Titans are a team that would prefer eight 1 million dollar players vs. one 8 million dollar guy. But with no cap who knows...

7. Carp

Carp Starter

I'd trade this years 1st and next year's 1st and 3rd for him. This guy is the best corner in the league. Revis gets the popularity due to INT's and playing for NY, but QB's honestly have completely stopped throwing towards Asomugahs side of the field and for good reason.

His contract is somewhat of an issue, but it isn't as terrible as some are making. We offered Big Al a similar amount didn't we? And dominant CB's are much more valuable than dominant DL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I'd only trade CJ for Melon, Brees, or Ben Rothesdhqsdas[dadqwdadasfaf.

And we know that won't happen

He's at that level at his position.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Asomugha and Finnegan = epic

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I high fived the first half of this post. The second half is ridiculous. Remember how good all of our DBs looked with big Al crushing the middle of the line? A DT can shut down an entire offense. That's the only position in the sport that can do it, he can crush the front of the pocket and hit the RB as soon as he gets the ball. DT>CB. Nevertheless, IDC how much we have to pay the guy...ITS AN UNCAPPED YEAR. If ever there was a time to make this move its now. We would have a top-5 secondary if we got ahold of Asomugah. Where you gonna throw it?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar