Numbers game: Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

[​IMG]Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky Three numbers that strike me as interesting about the 5-0 Tennessee Titans:

1. Tennessee's defense is allowing a league-low average of 11.2 points a game, over four points a game better than the No. 2 team (Pittsburgh, 15.8). The Titans play at Kansas City on Sunday, and the Chiefs have managed only 13 points a game.
    2. The Titans rank in the top 10 in 13 of 17 defensive categories. Only Baltimore matches that and Philadelphia and Pittsburgh (12 each) are the only other teams in double digits.
    3. While they're the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL, the Titans are talking about the areas where they can still improve. First down offense can certainly be better. The Titans are only 29th with an average first-down gain of 4.2 yards.

More...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

news grabber your the man

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

4.2 yards on first down really isn't that bad actually...I like the looks of those stats though. I got a bet with a buddy that the Titans will finish top 4 in overall D...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar