Numbers assigned to new Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Well the 42 number means his gonna suck ............blount.

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

83 is assigned to Drew Bennett #2...

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

As for Curran and Witherspoon well there are only two LB numbers that are unoccupied at the moment #53 and #90. Unless Amano agrees to change numbers and gives Witherspoon 56, it looks as though Will Witherspoon will be the new #53 for Tennessee

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seeing another LB in #53 is going to be messed up. Hopefully we can wait on that one...

5. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

^ I agree with you. I really hope there is at least a year between a player wearing # 53 from when Bulluck wore it. Well I hope we resign him but IDK if that will happen. I can't imagine another player in 53, it will be something I will have to get used to in the future.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The #53 jersey comes with responsibilities. If he wears 53 he better live up to its expectations. Didn't Randy Starks wear #90 right after Kearse left... That isn't a good sign for Witherspoon.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You guys are taking the numbers too personally. The number on your shirt doesn't mean squat. If you can play.. You can play. That's like saying Donnie Nickey should give up 23 because only Michael Jordan is worthy enough to wear 23.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No one wears No. 9 or 27 for a reason. Until last season no one wore No.89 either. Certain Titans numbers carry a certain weight with them. If "9" doesn't get retired, and it's given to a kicker I'll be mad. Jersey numbers aren't just numbers.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Titans_Retired_Numbers

#1 Warren Moon • #34 Earl Campbell • #43 Jim Norton • #63 Mike Munchak • #65 Elvin Bethea • #74 Bruce Matthews

If they officially retire those numbers, then I'm okay with it. I am in favor of retiring those numbers, but then again, why retire players numbers when you haven't won a superbowl? Atleast 9 & 27 & 74 actually got us to the promised land.

10. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

whoopsy my bad Amano wears #54

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar