Now what?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 17, 2015.

?
  1. Yes. We suck again!

79.2%
  2. No. There's still a chance!

20.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You're f***ing killing smalls! Guys this has got to be the worst. We have a team that was legitimately in every single game this season, they are not all a bunch of scrubs. Coaching, piss-poor or just lack of good coaching has cost us every single game this year. There has got to be a monumental shift in philosophy or there will be nothing to look forward to in the near future.

I'm sick of sliding the next guy up in line to take over a la Munchak a la Mularkey. The ownership made the move to can Whisenhunt to prove a point that it was unacceptable to be such a loser. I feel like they made a big move by firing him with so much money and time left on his contract. A move they need to follow up by getting a big time legit NFL head coach in here to pump some excitement back into Titans football.

I don't know how I feel about Chip Kelly but he has proven that he can win with Marcus operating his offense and from that standpoint I'd at least entertain the possibility. And that's just one option that may be available. Hopefully ownership won't cheap out (the KW firing indicates that won't be a problem), and I also hope that there will be interest from coaches around the league that will be up for head coaching gigs when the off-season rolls along. I suspect that Tennessee could be an attractive landing spot.

It's really hard to become excited when we can't finish teams off and then houston and jax still keeping winning. We are at the point of the season where we're really not playing for anything and it suckssohard.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Years of absolutely terrible drafts have left the Titans with one of the NFL's least talented rosters. We all knew that (or should have known that) before the season.

This team isn't going to get any better until the talent improves significantly. That means no longer wasting almost every draft pick.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

NEXT YEAR WE TURN THAT CORNER!!

Right..?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We need to trade up in the second and get a running back prospect, like a guy who hasn't played in a year or used to be a long snapper.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

I think that we need to switch to an offense that is 100% pass first. No more balanced, run the football old school BS. Get with the times.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

As long as we don't have Whiz or Jim Caldwell as head coach we will be much better off.

I'm optimistic for 7-10 wins next year

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not a big believer in Chip as a NFL HC but I also wouldn't be totally against bringing him in assuming we don't give him full control over the roster and hire a competent GM.

Yes, coaching has sucked something awful but Toronto hit on the absolute biggest detriment to this team over the years. And that's the complete and total failure to identify and bring in solid talent. Until we start hitting on a higher percentage of our draft picks and signing the right FAs, it really won't matter who the coach is.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Even I know this is a bad idea.....and I played in the Air Raid offense at Texas Tech!

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

I just mean that we haven't completely gotten away from playing Fisherball. Run run pass punt still seems to be the theme here. I know there are more creative ways for running a productive offense.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

With what reciever? You also better have a very deep d cause you are going to wear them out. Every top tier team, even pass happy teams have a good run game. Lynch, Blount, Imgram, Bell, Lacy, Stewart, and on and on and on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar