Notre Dame in the National Championship.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titanup1982, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't blame them for being indep... I mean, they have a Nat'l television deal already (thanks to NBC). They get to chose who they want to play, and can play anyone. Why would they want to join a conference?

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

That's why we hate them.. they think they are above everyone else, no conference championship/division standings, no scheduling restraints etc.

Texas has their own station and they are still in a conference.. so that point is irrelevant.

Oh well, they'll get exposed here soon enough.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't see how them being an independent makes them "above everyone else". Just because they're a good football team, and don't want to be locked up in a conference doesn't bug me? BTW, i'm not a Notre Dame nut-swinnger, I do like Te'o though lol.. I'm an University of Illinois sports guy, and we flat out suck.

I see it as harder for Notre Dame to get a BCS game (expect if they were in the SEC)..
    As an independent, Notre Dame must earn it alone. Major conferences generate a degree of market control. The financial benefits of membership in a large conference, however, include a chance at a BCS bowl, a collection of secondary bowls for three-quarters of its teams, an eight-game conference schedule, share in a lucrative conference championship, and a division of all the bowl monies. This independence has greater risk and more challenges in assuming duties conferences handle, but also has greater rewards and more freedom. ND gets to play all conferences, USC, Stanford, Pitt, Mich, Mich St, Purdue, BC, Navy... but yet people say they still had an easy schedule? Obviously it's not an SEC schedule, but still impressive to go undefeated. They have rivaleries and play these teams yearly, if they joined the B1G they'd lose out of there Pac-12 rivalies and BC, Navy, Pitt as well.

Again, I'm not a ND nut-swinnger, just saying. I think everyone hates them because they have a great history and get hyped up due to the media. Just like everyone hates Tebow, Lin, Rex Ryan.. because ESPN doesn't stop talking about them.

If the NCAA would just get an 8 team playoff and get rid of this terrible BCS crap, we wouldn't have to worry about this debate!

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm no SEC homer but this is an AWFUL ND team that has played name brand teams that have had a down year. Please remember that this is the team that almost was beaten by a Big East bottom feeder.

If it is ND vs Alabama and the spread is anything below 7 points... Go get you an online sports betting account, take out a mortgage against your home and thank me for my tip... because you will be able to pay off both mortgages and have a free house is the line makers get this one wrong. In all reality, ND should be ATLEAST a 10.5 or more underdog vs Bama. There is no way they should even come close. ND being at number 1 is joke. This team couldn't beat Boise State's squad this year!

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This terrible and annoying movie did not help. Only made the hate worse :gaah:

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

YESSIR

January 7th I'll be in MIAMI!!!

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Bama wins by 3 touchdowns, Georgia wins by 2. Florida, Texas A&M, South Carolina, and Oregon would beat Notre Dame too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. jdog

jdog I like beer!

If the Irish make 1 TD they should call it a victory and celebrate.

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Man... so everyone assumes Bama will beat Georgia eh?

I mean, I love the Crimson Tide, but even I think the SEC Championship game will be a fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar