Notre Dame getting manhandled by Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

late in the 4th ......
    I hope they can hold on, because that'll get me a full year of priveleges - my father in law is a huge ND nut and he's always taking pokes at me for bieing a UT fan ...... bwuhaaahhaaaa

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

If they're getting owned by Georgia Tech, it's going to be a long year for the Golden Domers. They might as well just throw Claussen out there to get him some game experience, they're not going anywhere this year.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Weis commented that he didn't want to throw Clausen out there after the game started to get out of hand ....... seems to me like that would have been a good time to show him off ......especially if he mighta led a comeback

he should have gone to UT

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ok, just throwing this out there, i was at this game, Jimmy Clauson was the 3rd string quarterback, and ended up playing the last 8 minutes of the game, put on a good display of an arm, went deep about twice, so much for the critics talking about his arm strength, but Evan Sharply the other Qb, who managed to get the only ND points on the board and drive down the field 2 or 3 times, look the best clearly, i mean Demitrius Jones playing was like watching water boil, Run play after run play, im serious, i thought i was watching navy. back to my point, if Evan Sharply gets the nod, and D. Jones, gets 2nd, what are the chances Jimmy transfers to Tennessee where he shoulda gone in the first place, i think if he does it now he can play mid-next season, not sure on that tho.

5. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

I think Michigan shouldnt shouldnt wear the crown of shame all alone.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Oh, there was plenty of shame all around week 1. Michegan, UT, and ND.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well,......

UT was beaten by a higher ranked opponent - away

Michigan and Notre Dame were both beaten at home by lesser opponents

so I say shame goes to Michigan first, ND second, a few other teams that got beat, then UT

8. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

I dont think UT belongs in that category. Not to sound like a kiss ***.

But both teams were ranked in the top 15. That was a sound match up. And while I realize for UT fans, you walked away with a loss, that was still a great game and I dont see either team being a push over.

I think its refreshing to have some teams in the ranks that are quality, viable contenders and its nice to see the media darlings tank.

However, with the BCS being what it is, college football will never "play out" right at the end of the year, imo. sigh

9. Titanics

Titanics Guest

Things are going to get much worse for Notre Dame this weekend.

Freshman Jimmy Clausen has been announced the starting QB.

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but why would you put your freshman in the game playing on the road at Happy Valley in front of a hostile Penn St crowd? I'm going to love watching every second of this game.

10. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

Im praying I get coverage of that game out West here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar