Not very impressed with this scrub coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

A former QB can be a great WR coach. Ragone is going to stress "finding holes" in the coverage to the WR's. But to stay on course so the QB knows where they'll be. Adjust the route to bend around the safety, yada yada yada. It'll be less about running routes exact, and more about finding openings. I've seen this first hand, and it's good stuff (see Kenny Britt do this in the Eagles game last year). Often times receivers worry more about running a route the way it was written up on paper, than worrying about looking defenders off or even catching the ball (see Gage & Scaife). And it's not like we have a glorious history at that position anyways. Kenny Britt does Kenny Britt, he's not interested in reading books & learning things, so what difference does it make who coaches the WR's? Certainly the weakest link in the coaches office, but this is the Chris Johnson & Tennessee Titan's band, not the Tom Brady show.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

This reminds me of when I made this thread http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=57762 (worth the click, do it, you know you wanna)

3. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

while palmer had me scratching my head, it was only because I didn't know that much about his body of work. So like most of you or should have done I researched him not on fn wiki and looked at his body of work. He has a ton of experience in every football league there is. he worked under parcells and other good coaches. apparently they saw something to. Dinger could not get randy moss and britt on the field at the same time. thats pathetic, and they had pathetic excuses for it. oh both receivers played the same x postion. f that. they are professionals and dinger could have drew up some plays to get them out there. instead he let a hof receiver set in the shade for a couple million or however much it was. I wouldn't have minded us taking a look at zorn, regardless of what redskins fans say. they don't have an offense, nor an offensive line. it is just ludicrous to write this coaching staff off in Feb.

just my opinion...man.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Sometimes you can be right but everybody will still think your wrong.

I hope I'm wrong about VY. I thought we should let him finish his contract and draft a rookie QB to replace him in the future. The guy has done more as a Titan the past 5 years than any other Titan in uniform and he didn't even play 1 1/2 years because Fisher thought Kerry was the better QB.

You would think Vince cussed out the fans the way some of the posters on here act. The guy got pissed at his coach, waved his arms in the air, and threw his pads to an executive's daughter after the game.

What do we hear? "Vince Young is no longer our starter regardless of the injury"..."I heard that he threw his pads in the stands."

Fisher and Young get into a verbal altercation in the locker room and Young is asked to leave the facility. Griffin denies chasing after Young and there is no video or photo evidence of the "throwing of the pads" and the incident post locker room. The meeting was a closed door meeting (no media).

Nobody knows exactly what was said in the locker room. The altercation seemed to have stemmed from VY wanting to go back into the game but even that is not confirmed.

The following week Vince Young is not allowed into any of the facilities. When the media finds out, Fisher denies Young was kept from the facilities. Young is not present on the sidelines the next few games. When Young does make it back to the locker room he is welcomed back by his team. When Young shows up to his 1st game after the incident our team's morale seems to have been raised and we go on to win the game.

We do know that Vince had support from players on the team. Both offensive and defensive. We do know that he had support from 1 of his coaches (old position coach). We do know that 3 of our coaches left the organization BEFORE Fisher quit/fired.

We do know that VY apologized to fans and even to Fisher after the incident.

Now go back and read what I posted and if you call bullsh*t, then call it and point to where I'm wrong. We'll bring out the articles and write ups and piece together the story.

We're in a situation where we had a team that looked like Super Bowl contenders at the beginning of the season last year. We fixed some of our personnel holes (CB2, WR, Special Teams) and we're playing really good football. The only game where we looked somewhat outmatched was the Pittsburgh game and that was mostly due to the age of our offense.

Fisher is gone. It's time to adjust to an entirely new situation from the ground up.

We've got a QB still on our roster who can be an elite QB and has a higher winning percentage at this point in his career than ANY other QB in the league. Yes better than Manning and your beloved Aaron Rodgers. And he did it with a gawd awful Titans team at times.

If Vince had fan support he'd be back as a Titan. The owner wants him, the players want him, and the coach fired everybody tied to Fisher.

I had an entire "Rational Response Team" created just to try to bash me for stating my opinion. They had badges and all.

As a TITAN fan 1st, you should atleast be behind the guy that has won us 30 games in 5 years and not bash him every chance you get. I'm sick and tired of you "angels" out there who would never get pissed at your boss or get emotional about a game (whether good or bad). On the field, Vince Young played his a*s off for us.

We give up no draft picks, we know he can produce wins, and we still draft a QB. If we focus on our defense high in the draft we can be Super Bowl contenders. Not some scrubs at the bottom of the division.

People outside of Nashville are laughing at us (I don't live in Nashville).

That's my rant for the day.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm very excited to see some new formations and plays. We've got the fastest RB in the league and we're running him on dives! WTF?

We've got one of the fastest TE's in the league. We've got an explosive WR rides the bench while Gage gets blanketed and can't make plays. D Williams rides the pine even though he catches EVERYTHING that's thrown to him and always seems to be open.

We've got one of the fastest QB's in the league along side the fastest RB and we can come up with more options, screens, and playactions?

Why is Kenny Britt on the bench?

Who can't be worse than the combination that was Dinger and Fisher???

6. JCBRAVE

Don't forget the Chargers game. Tolbert beat our @$$ in that game. He had nearly 6YPC, and Gates ripped us apart too. Our LB's F'ed-up royally.

Fisher is gone CJtheBeast, 2011 is going to be a fun year even if we lose 16 games. No Fisher = a good time.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Edited your post to give the cliff notes version so more people will read it.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I missed that game because I live in Chicago. I caught it on the radio but missed the live action.

Our LB's can't cover an elite TE. We should've used safety help but Hope can't cover either. I think a coverage SS who can play the run will help us out leaps and bounds in the passing game.

I like your idea of going after Williams. We'd be a much more versatile defense.

But then, the question comes down to QB...

The day Fisher was gone was one of the best days of the year. Finally my team can play to its potential and let its stars shine.

9. JCBRAVE

It was awful, those who missed it should consider themselves lucky. San Diego had close to 18-19 or so 3rd downs, and converted on nearly ALL of them! As you can imagine I was PISSED, then cried myself to sleep.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

From the radio, all I remember hearing is Gate's name called on nearly every third down.

Was shaking my head the whole game.

So glad Fisher and Cecil are gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar