Not very impressed with this scrub coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I must admit that I was BSing last week when I said I was cutting the eyes out of my paper bag when the Bolts were destroying my team. :(

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

So you just kept the paper bag intact so you didn't have to witness the humiliation?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Good thing I was crying on the inside instead of the outside, that bag wouldn't of lasted long. They keep this up and I will rage quit life.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I just wanna see some changes (obvious improvements) in the offensive playcalling and defensive schemes. I don't wanna see the same crap that got us blown out 2 weeks in a row.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I remember that very well, I even told every poster on gotitans that would be a trap game days before. The Packers also lost that week to the Chiefs for the record.

I'm not saying we have amazing coaches, I'm just saying calm down, we've only lost 2 games to 2 good teams. Not like we've lost to anyone worse than us.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Munchak talking about his calm demeanor: "when you start screaming and hollering, you dont have an answer"

7. pettso

pettso Starter

What in the last two games made you think this team could possibly have been 1-1? lol

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I've been calm! Fisherball only works with the right personnel. When you don't have the best O and D lines in the league.... you end up with the 09-Current Tennessee Titans. In 2008, we had one of the most dominant Defensive lineman and while he may be a mess now, for that one season, it took 3 O line man to pick him up thus giving KB all the time in the world to stop the run, rush or command the defense. When they all left, the leadership on defense was gone. Same with the O line... Say what you want about Mawae... but none of the guys we have now have the credibility to tie his shoe laces while Mawae was still in his productive years. YOu have to coach the talent that you have and this team is talented in ways that don't compliment the coaching philosphy. You have to pick one or the other... and you can't have both when both products are subpar.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Palmer undoubtedly sucks. Gray hasn't shown the ability to transform a defense into his stated intent (we still suck against the run). Neither show the ability to make effective adjustments. Matthews O-line has been one of, and remains, the worst in the league at run blocking. Rocker's D-line isn't doing much.

Ruston Weber has befuddled me in his efforts to build a supply of quality personnel. We SHOULD have rebuilt the interior line during the draft and off-season. We passed on DeCastro AND Konz. Adams may have wanted Manning but let's be real. That isn't an excuse for a head coach to not to have outlined and persuaded Adams of the dire need to replace our interior unit.

This organization is a mess right now. Nepotism and familiar hires are driving us into Browns territory. We didn't make a play for Harbaugh because Adams/FO wanted to comfortably hand-off the job in- house. The comparable results between Munchak and Harbaugh are stark and very telling. I believe Bruce Matthews knows kevin isn't that good. Why else haven't we seen him? It's obvious we need a change. I believe BM is keeping KMs inadequacy from being exposed. Nepotism at its highest.

Munchak says yelling and screaming indicates you don't have answers? Well so does saying nothing. So does having the SAME problems persist.

I never liked the Munchak hire and certainly didn't like his choices as assistants. I feel comfortable now saying that this is indeed a scrub coaching staff. Does anybody here REALLY think this staff can produce a winning franchise or "powerhouse" like the 49ers, Texans, lions, falcons, saints etc. have become or like the patriots, steelers, ?eagles, etc?

Let's be real. Unless we change this franchise isn't going to do chit. we are on par with teams like the Browns, Jaguars, Raiders, dolphins, Bills, Chiefs etc. it's time for an overhaul in my book- yeah I'm comfortable stating it for the record.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

hard to lose to a worse team when you are the worst..

32 of 32

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar