Not very impressed with this scrub coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Is this jumble trying to say Manning won a Super Bowl by handing the ball off? I don't like the guy as much as the next Titans fan but thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Thanks but I'll just call him up if I want an autograph.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I can't think of a coach on our staff that is worth keeping. I think munch has to go. He doesn't have what it takes to coach a team. He's a big push-over with no passion or fire in him, and our teams performances reflect that. Our players are playing with no direction or desire (with a few exceptions). We need to deFisherize this coaching staff and start over completely with outside hires that actually know what they are doing. No more bargain bin coaches. We have to find a capable coach and staff that can implement a system that can compete in the league today.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. imbread

imbread Starter

i agree 100 percent, just wish there where some rumors of them bringing in someone else! waited all this time for football to get here and its already over , nashville radio and fans should be screaming for him to be fired!! i live in nj and the jets just lost and they are really letting them have it! and at least they got a win

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah its not like that here.

And even if the radio was full of fire MM talk BA is in Houston listening too smooth hits of the 60s

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Sometimes I just have to ask whether anyone truly cares as to whether or not we win. This organization is willing to rename the team practically to get one player who is way over the hill while completely ignoring the bigger issues on this team. Getting a free agent doesnt fix a defense that's consistently getting burned. It's blatantly obvious as to whats going on with this team. You have a coaching staff that has each others back because they know they wouldn't be able to hold the same job on any other staff in the league. Palmer isn't going to be anyone else's OC, Gray is a Rooney rule interviewee and Munchak wouldn't even be considered for the HC position on any other team in the league. Tell me where these guys can get these same jobs at? Oakland or Cleveland. Palmer tried that... so I would say no to all of them.

it's disenchanting that this team would literally do ANYTHING to get one player... When we already have 2 players capable at the position... While completely ignoring the bigger problem on our team. This coaching staff is worse than fisher. It's not fair to call them fisher 2.0. THey're more like Fisher 0.8a beta. They had a few lucky wins last year.. just like Fisher... but if it werent for a few lucky breaks, it would have been 6-10. Why is everyone so happy about a 9-7 / no playoffs season? You won more than you lost but you lost the games that counted the most which is why you werent in the playoffs. That's the reality of it.

Bud Adams only lets his friends in the door because he only chooses to surround himself with "Yes Men..." who only look out for the people they know within their circle. I mean.. it's cool that we took the 2005 seahawks minus alexander and they've taken that show on the road southwest 5-7 years down the road. This is what im saying... Hasselbeck = past his prime... A waste. Hutchinson past his prime. Babineaux... seriously?Babs might be halfway decent but anyone looks good against our Defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Munchak has the fire, stop littering this site with nonsense. Did you not see him nearly kill the ref that blew the pass interference on Damian Williams week-1? Guess not. He's careful with what he displays in public, cameras are watching you know.

As for us having no good coaches, we have some.

Frank Bush is a good linebackers coach. Dave Ragone is an excellent WR coach. I think Tracy Rocker has been alright with the D-Line.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I feel you on everything you're saying, but some of it isn't accurate.

For instance, last year we found ourselves needing to win every game every week. Every Sunday was just as important as the next for us, we never had any cushion, we had to win when we won. That to me shows this team does care, and does have some of what it takes to become a playoff team.

We'd have made the post season last year had the Jets simply beaten a terrible Dolphins team.

The same things you claim are wrong with us are the same things keeping good teams like the Jets, Chargers, Panthers, and Eagles out of the post season. Difference is none of those teams had to open vs two top teams.

If we're 1-1 nobody is worried about coaching.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Your memory eludes you. We gave the colts their first W of what was their most disastrous season ever and if we win that game, we are in the playoffs... should all of the dominoes fall into place. That's the problem, this group loses games that they are supposed to win... and win handily. That all falls back on bargain bin coaching staffs

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Yeah, that ONE time. What about every other time when he's just standing there with his arms crossed and that blank stare on his face while our defense is getting burnt play after play and when our offense can't convert to save their lives. Our coaches make zero adjustments. It's like they admit defeat after he first few series. They show up every week with the same predictable conservative gutless BS. Other teams must love playing us. There is not a team in this league that fears playing us. I can sit on my couch and call just about every one of our plays before they happen. Just think of how easy it is for opposing teams to defend us. I was done with Munch and Palmer last year and Gray has been beyond pathetic this year. They're all talk and when it comes time to show it on the field they've got nothing. In my opinion Munch is not HC material, and there is a reason Palmer was in the UFL and Gray was going to coach at Texas.

I agree that there are some decent position coaches on this team, but if Munch goes, they go.

We had to win every game every week because we kept losing games that we should have won. We beat ONE team with a winning record last year, and we lost to some BAD teams. We were very I'll prepared for a lot of those games, and the truth is that when it was all on the line we LOST. We looked like a high school team against the winless colts with the playoffs on the line.

So you're saying that it's okay for our playoff hopes to be in the hands of the Jets? :biglaugh:
    Give me a break! When it counted the most we didn't show up. Against the worst team in the league!

Oh, and if we're 1-1 that means that we didn't get freaking BLOWN OUT the first two games. That would mean that the coaches might be good, but the truth is that we did in fact get blown out. It wasn't even close! We looked absolutely pathetic out there on both sides of the ball durring both games. You can make up all the scenerios you want, but I'm going by what actually happened. And it was pathetic and inexcusable. Unless they completely turn it around and show that they are capable of winning week in and week out against good teams, then I don't see any reason to keep our coaches. They haven't proven anything. Last year they had excuses, but this year they have no excuses and they look worse than ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar