Not so fast my titan fans!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap!

I showed you the numbers for our 2 runningbacks. Those numbers have nothing to do with a failed reverse or kneel downs. Our 2 backs have averaged 3.38 yards per carry the last 2 weeks and that needs to improve.

We have committed to the run which is a good thing with 27.5 RB carries per game but i would hope we could get 100 yards plus out of that many carries.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Game planning the titans..

After we destroyed jacksonville with our inside running game our last 2 opponents have game planned mightily to stop it. The result is less success for white and brown but it has also opened up the passing game for vince and he has had two good games passing. I think we are going to see that game plan all year long where teams try and stop the run and make vince beat them with his arm. But the best way to foil that is to have success running anyway and also for vince to get a couple of first downs with his legs in passing downs.

If you can run the ball even when teams are focusing on stopping it you almost always win. I am concerned some about white who is limited to running between the tackles and is little threat as a receiver other than a screen pass.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

for sure...

i hate the way ppl keep chaning their opinion on him 2......durin his rookie struggles...ppl were sayin he was a bust....they wanted him off the field and team...then he became one of teh best...so naturally fans started lovin him....now...all this hate again...

all i no is ive been checkin news everyday from many websites....u name it...fox, espn, nfl, gotitans, si, and so on...an i havnt seen one bad article bout him in a very very long time...(w/ respect to him feels like forever)...i can only take taht as a good sign..and hope that they are doin this whole griffen CB as just a backup plan till we get our real star back....an then put him in at FS (as we will have still enough cb depth w/ pac bak on teh roster)

4. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

yeah he would probaly be great again but all i was trying to say was the chemistry of tis team is good right now. plus i wonder how some players would welcome him back after what he has done. vince had somthing to say about him in pre season like he doesnt care about us that much cause he got in trouble again instead of focusing on football. somthing like that i don't have the direct quote. if he came back and didnt cause problems that would be fine but noone can count on that yet. he will have to gain the players and the fans trust back. that aside he is abig tme play maker.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Great questions..
    If i had to guess.. i'd say
    1. the d-line will keep rushers at bay if haynesworth remains healthy. I have my doubts about the secondary.
    2. We'll probably run it more consistentaly, yet i'm not sure if the yards will continue to stack up as high as they are now. Don't forget we have an extra rusher in VY who will assist in the total rushing stats.
    3. VY will probably last all year. He has taken some big hits already and seems to be good at shalking them off and taking the snap on the next play. Lets not jinx it.. but he does seem to be tough..
    4. After the performance we saw from Vince at Orleans, i'm pretty sure some changes are in the book... yet i don't see him passing as well season-long. I think he'll be back to run first by week 8.
    5. Pac will be back. He seems to miss the action and attention he recieved as an NFL player, plus he's been on the downlow for the last month or so.. it could just be the wrestling gig he has going.. but whatever it is, its working.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

All are making good points here. The fact is we have not arrived yet. We have a long ways to go. The Jags game inflated the rushing numbers a bit. LeDale has yet to have over 100 yard on the ground. We must get him consistently over the 100-yard mark each week. Add a few big days form CB and thing will look even better. Vince needs to get up over consistently 300 yards in the passing game. Most of all we need to start scoring TDs. When we can be a “score at anytime treat” like the Patriots and the Colts, we won’t be in the upper echelon of the NFL.

Defense has played great thus far and is the reason we are 2-1. Like I said before the season, Defense is what will carry us to the playoffs. Still improvements need to be there. Simon & Fisher making the active roster to provide depth will help. Sacks need to go up while not losing anything in the run D. Those 2 could help that. Our D needs to get to the point that a 3 and out was a bad series and took too long. Wow! If that happened, how turnovers would we be forcing a game?

This week will be key as it is like starting a new season. We need to get off to a quick start. Death to the dirty birds.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

VY will never consistently throw for 300 yards a game in the NFL. Especially not in this offense.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Good thing, too - I don't understand why people talk about 300 yard passers like they do about 100 yard rushers. So far this year, teams with a 300+ yard passer are 10-12... in other words you are more likely to lose when your QB has a day like that.

You're right - our offense is designed to value the clock as much as points. They want to throw the ball around 22 times a game - that's important to remember... Peyton is averaging 67.2% at 8.3 yards per attempt. So with those stats, Peyton in our offense might throw 15-22 for 182 yards per game. Vince has averaged 14-22 and 142 yards per game. So if we opened it up, VY would occasionally have a 300 yard game - and we'd likely start losing like the other 300 yard passers.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I'm not so sure he won't wind up being a pretty good passer... There are times when he moves the ball very well... He may not throw for 300yds a game but not many do and no one does that plays for Fisher. The guy is a winner, plain and simple, and I'll take wins over 300 yds a game any day.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

was just gonna say something like...refer to carson...but i read ur post and like it more ...haha....thats the truth...ppl always complaining...we are winning...w/ what...old school tough D.....and offense that plays in times of need...i cant reember a game from the time we started our run up until now when we werent in it.....an seriuosly most of the times....dare i say close to all (only couple losses)...we've come out on top...yet ppl still complain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar