Not so fast my titan fans!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I love the 2-1 start this year and I wished it was 3-0 but lets not get ahead of our selfs.

I would love to go 15-1 but i don't see that happen! Heres my top five biggest questions....

1. Can the run defense play like this all year?
    2. Can we run the ball all year long?
    3. Can Vince last a whole NFL season?
    4. If it came down to it could we win in the air if needed?
    5. Is Pac going to play this season?

Yalls thoughts?

2. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

1. yes, its good now just think when we get simon and fisher to learn the defense. we just get better, plus look at all the depth we have.
    2. having white and brown will give each guy time to rest when they need it, keeping them fresh all year long. plus white looks like he belongs now running over ppl. brown gives a nice change up quickness and can rip off some nice chunks of yarded.
    3. Vince already has and is only getting freakishly better everyday. plus hes a WINNER.
    4. jones and williams have steped up so far and that off season with vince looks to be paying off. plus we have gage and moulds as solid vet hands. scaife solid as well.
    5.pac isnt and we dont need him either. the chemisty is solid right now we dont need him to ruin it. hopefully he doesnt when he does return.
    6. Jeff Fisher is a stud coach

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My biggest concern is our running game.

The stats for the whole year don't give us a clear picture because the jags game was so distorted. In the last 2 games there has not been much running room for our backs.

Games vs colts and saints..

Lendale white... 32 for 114 yards...3.56 ypc

Chris Brown.......23 for 72 yards for 3.13 ypc..

Combined 55-186 for a 3.38 ypc..

Note that even including the jags game white is still only averaging 3.6 yards per carry. Either guy has had much running room the last 2 weeks but we know that brown at least can do something with that room when he gets it. Brown has been the better runner in my opinion because he had no room to run at all in 20 of those 23 carries the last 2 weeks but did have an 18 yard run when he got a hole. White is a back who seems to be doing a lot but in the end gains few yards..

Anyone who thinks brown isn't running hard can ask jason david who broke his arm tackling brown.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yeah but in em games we had several mistakes that accounted for a good chunk of rushing yards....total maybe like 50 or something...ad that in an its not as amazin as our stats say...but makes ya feel better bout it....

as for the biggest question.....for me its gotta be this

can the lines continue to dominate on both sides of the ball for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs?

5. titan_fan_4ever

man how can u say that.....talking about point number 5. in the short run it would be better....even if he was a backup when he came in...or a returner......in the long run it would DEFINITLY be better....even if he comes back a bit an struggles i dont care....he was in ONLY HIS 2ND YR and alerady ranked by some as allpro only behind baily....an those who didnt still classified him as generally pro-bowl/elite...not to mention the 2nd best returner after Hest

i cant wiat for him to come back...that way (hopefully) we can bench lowry and put in griffen insted....along side hope and eihter finnagan/harper (on who plays better/and factorin future potential too) and we have the potential to be one of the better 2ndaries in the league...for years to come

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm with you on the running game RollTide.

I posted this a week ago.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

titan 4ever..

I honestly don't know what your point is especially in relation to my post.

My point is that the last 2 games our running game has not been dominant.

Against the colts we averaged 3.7 yards per rush..

Against the saints we averaged 2.9 yards per rush..

Those numbers include vince young's contributions. We need to average at least 3.8 per rush and ideally at least 4 yards+ per rush..

8. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

i like the way u speak titansfan4ever...pacman is the truth, believe it or not, too many people are ignorant of what he does on the field, rather than off

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Tide, I agree. The running game has been sub-par the last 2 weeks. I expect that to change this week.

One thing I really want to see is that we re-establish the Coliseum as a place that nobody wants to come play. I want our defense to be swarming, creating TOs and the crowd being deafening.

10. titan_fan_4ever

fisher interview
    (on if the Titans’ run game is as good as statistics and rankings suggest)

I think we can still run the ball better. I think we took close to 30 yards off the board, in rushing yards, last Monday night with the snap that got away from Vince, with the reverse, and then with the kneel-downs. You add 30 yards to that, and you’ve got a pretty good game. At least you’re consistent. You have to be careful about taking a number and dividing it by the number of games you’ve played and then say, ‘Hey, this is where you are.’ That’s the case on defense as well. Some teams get up and they’re defending the lead, and so there is a lot of yardage that takes place at the end of the game. It’s not necessarily a measurement of how you are. You’re giving up yards to protect against the score. I think there is one thing you look at, and that is the number of wins. -- fisher

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=5108

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar