Not affraid to admit when I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

but what has he done lately,, other than get healthy?

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

smirk

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I have no problem justifying Woolfolk as a first round pick. The problem is the more we harp on how awesome, athletic and all Woolfolk is the more puzzling it is that he cannot play well at the NFL level.

4. Well I have only mentioned the Miami game about 15 times and gotten no respons. That was either the next to last game or 3rd to last game. In that game he locked out the slot receiver completely in the second half. Unfortunately, people forgot how to tackle running backs and ricky exploded. All of their second half completions were to the outside receivers on Hill and Pac who were both burned repeatedly in that game. There were slot receivers in the game at those times and they were running deep, but well covered. That is what we wanted right. Now at times in the past when the discussion was about stopping the run, and I would post tackles vs RBs by Andre, the point would come up how many tackles a CB makes is unimportant or shows he didn't stop the pass but tackled the receiver, well I believe without double checking that his tackles was 3 (2 on RBs) 1 on a tight end after someone missed that tackle. No passes in the second half were completed to a slot receiver but many to the outsides and several for TDs. Had he been out of position or beaten, I am sure the QB would have thrown it for some of those TDs if he could have. I know, I just repeated it again... Maybe someone will get it. GoT, Go check the stats yourself. I watched the game and Andre played a good one. That was also the first week he was totally off the probable list after his injury. The game he got injured on he shut down Larry Fitzgerald for 2 1/2 qtrs, then got hurt. Then Fitz exploded for 74 yards and two TDs. While Andre was on him he had 7 yards on two catches. The ball was thrown to him 5 times in the first half resulting in Andres three first half PDs (pass defenses). That was turning into a huge good game and then the injury. So healthy, he was effective and it showed his progress, as I have been saying all along. The Jacksonville game was every defensive players bad game except for Bulluck and KVB.... All other linemen, linebackers and all DBs were put on display, burned and embarrassed.... The defenses heart was gone and the offense didn't help with repeated turnovers. Not counting that game, he has shown improvement. Please do not mention the fact that Hill got the starting nod, regardless, on the field Andre was covering receivers in front of him. The only negative nod in a previous half injured game was versus Marvin Harrison in the second Indy game, as he tackled him into the end zone. Marvin is Marvin and marvelous and every DB in the league that has held him has been torched. Come on, deny that, so that would make Andre equal with them on a negative point though...:ha:

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Story of Andre's career.

6. Oh, thank you Soxcat for the lead in. Now, let me let you know that nobody was more frustrated with his injury than Andre was. I actually talked to him while he was in the doctors office (just dumb luck). I was calling him about his good game until the injury. He was not very happy and later that week in an interview, he called the day that the Titans announced Hill as the starter, I think Wednesday, the worst day of his life. Now that is pretty steep, but he was not that happy. I can tell you that. The upside of the injury this time is it wasn't a season ender and he ended his season completely healthy which means this will be his first offseason since becoming a Titan that he gets to work out both physically and technically. That is why I state that the upcoming camp will be a battle ground. His offseason workouts are intense. He will show up in shape, possibly faster and hopefully the weak points of his technical abilities will be fine tuned. ONLY time and performance will tell. Nothing we say, the coaches, or NFL Analysts will make a difference. WU

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

so we got ourselves a third year former first rounder second stringer who shows flashes but can't stay healthy

8. Call it what you will, for the teams sake, hope the injury bug is behind him. If you or anyone else is so dissatisfied, then get ready to either suffer or celebrate, because the Titans coaching staff believes in him enough to not have taken him out of the mix completely. They are the ones who watch him in practice and during games. They are the ones who know much more than we will ever know when it comes to technique, ability, etc. Like I said previously, drop a resume with the team as special consultant if you think your perception and determination carries so much weight. What you have GoT is a new season approaching and a team that underachieved as a whole. I hope and you should too that parity in the NFL will take it's good turn for the Titans now.:banana:

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

2006 is probably Woolfolks last as a Titan so yes I would like to see him healthy and productive, but I am not counting on it based on prior experience.

And the fact that all I have to base anything on is that I am a fan just puts me in the same catagory as virtually everyone on this site - I understand the occasional player or player wife does drop in from time to time. I see no reason not to criticise a player who has underperformed for 3 seasons. And on your topic of the coaches talking about practices, jeeze I am tired of hearing coaches talk about how good the team looked in practice yet confused about yet another terrible showing on sunday. I'm thinking about showing up at Baptist Sports Park with a ticket and seeing if they will let me watch the players at their best, that is on thursday. But that's a different gripe - lol

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Damn Uncle Man, you got some stamina.

Well, back to playing pacman. :winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar