Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

so far this offseason we are 1 positive 1 negative
    Pac Man's incident basically removes him from this team. 1 negative
    Norm Chow being fired is 1 positive

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I think its time to find the OC that can use all of VY's talents. Dont do to him, what Andy Reid has tried to do to McNabb for 9 years now, putting him in offensive schemes that arent built for that players attributes. Get VY a playmaker receiver, someone he can grow with week by week, year to year. Run an offense to score Touchdowns, not have Bironas kick 7 or 8 field goals.

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

...amen to that brother!

4. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i say NO to a traditional NFL offensive coordinator.....

the tide is a turnin' and Shotgun Spread is the trend of the future...

and it just so happens we have a QB that is more comfortable in the Shotgun Spread.....

no more I formation of death.....

bring in someone that knows the shotgun spread....Free Vince from the shackles of a traditional offense....get vince on the edge more.....

thank goodness they fired chow...

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

If i remember right in that preseason, Volek was nothing special, and really didnt show anything to earn that starting position. I mean if he was that good, he should of showed enuff to be the starter. In my eyes Volek would/will always be a 2nd string Quarterback. If he starts next week in NE and cant flourish with atleast Gates/Chambers/Jackson(Minus maybe LT?), then what would he have done here with only T.Henry and a not so great Bennett?

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

All I care about is Schwartz getting the hell out of here and Gregg Williams coming back...

8. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

Interesting. I have 2 thoughts on the matter.

1. Will a new OC really make a huge difference in our style of offense, how many different ways can you call the play LW dive up the middle.

2. While I am interested in change for our offensive play calling, I am more concerned with the effect that having to learn a whole new system (see chargers offense 1st of the year) will have on VY, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar