Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

so far this offseason we are 1 positive 1 negative
    Pac Man's incident basically removes him from this team. 1 negative
    Norm Chow being fired is 1 positive
  2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I think its time to find the OC that can use all of VY's talents. Dont do to him, what Andy Reid has tried to do to McNabb for 9 years now, putting him in offensive schemes that arent built for that players attributes. Get VY a playmaker receiver, someone he can grow with week by week, year to year. Run an offense to score Touchdowns, not have Bironas kick 7 or 8 field goals.
  3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Go Cutler!

...amen to that brother!
  4. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i say NO to a traditional NFL offensive coordinator.....

the tide is a turnin' and Shotgun Spread is the trend of the future...

and it just so happens we have a QB that is more comfortable in the Shotgun Spread.....

no more I formation of death.....

bring in someone that knows the shotgun spread....Free Vince from the shackles of a traditional offense....get vince on the edge more.....

thank goodness they fired chow...
  6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

If i remember right in that preseason, Volek was nothing special, and really didnt show anything to earn that starting position. I mean if he was that good, he should of showed enuff to be the starter. In my eyes Volek would/will always be a 2nd string Quarterback. If he starts next week in NE and cant flourish with atleast Gates/Chambers/Jackson(Minus maybe LT?), then what would he have done here with only T.Henry and a not so great Bennett?
  8. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

All I care about is Schwartz getting the hell out of here and Gregg Williams coming back...
  10. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

Interesting. I have 2 thoughts on the matter.

1. Will a new OC really make a huge difference in our style of offense, how many different ways can you call the play LW dive up the middle.

2. While I am interested in change for our offensive play calling, I am more concerned with the effect that having to learn a whole new system (see chargers offense 1st of the year) will have on VY, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.