Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's just human nature. I think you'd find that most white people probably look alike to a lot of Asians. My grandmother had a cleaning lady who was Vietnamese and she swore my grandmother's was a sister of another of her clients because she thought they look the same in pictures (they didn't).

A better example would be the Chineese announcers in a South Park episode where their dodgeball team goes to China.

<embed FlashVars='videoId=61704' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Come on Jeff, your better than that my friend :grrhee:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I missed that one for sure.

I swear I remember some bad blood after Dinger left. He didn't even give the Titans the chance to counter the offer from the Jets. Edwards never contacted Fisher to get permission to talk to Dinger (though his contract had officially ended).

I suppose things smoothed out in time.

Either that or Bud told Fisher to get him back.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I think it may have been a combination of both. Over time, most things tend to smooth out between people. Then again, I can definitely see Bud's input into this decision as it was fairly evident the offense absolutely stunk most of the year.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chow's gone to UCLA.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah, there were issues but Fisher was going to stick with Chow one more season until word got to him that Chow was considering the UCLA job.

;)

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

8. Chow didn't decline the head coaching job. He wasn't offered the job. He withdrew his name before they had the chance to hire someone different.

It's just like how Floyd Reese resigned a month before his contract ran out rather than being let go.

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

January 10th, at noon, ESPN radio reported that Coach Rick N wanted Chow as his OC. I wondered why it was never picked up in the news, talk radio or internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar